1 hour ago, luckysalt said:

Yeah but they've kinda done it, means really you can watch 

Sabbath

NOFX

Deftones

Architects

MegaDeth

Which is pretty cool really, I like that flow

This would suggest Pennywise are during Deftones. Any idea when 4th stage headliner will play? Not interested in Municipal Waste, but I want to watch The Shrine before them.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, luckysalt said:

Yeah but they've kinda done it, means really you can watch 

Sabbath

NOFX

Deftones

Architects

MegaDeth

Which is pretty cool really, I like that flow

Does that mean youll be able to watch Billy Talent, Disturbed, Janes Addiction and Nightwish. I'm expecting Shinedown and Breaking Benjamin to clash.

On 4/22/2016 at 5:44 PM, DomDom1984 said:

That top four is just lovely for the Saturday. 

To be fair to them, they've got a very strong top of the line up, only band of the top 3 on main stage each day i don't want to see is Nightwish and of the top 2 of the second stage i would see them all, apart from All Time Low, saw them at Reading last year for nostalgia purposes, no interest in seeing them again, but all in all the top this year is really strong.

16 minutes ago, The Ghost Of Eddie said:

Wonder when we're getting stage times, can't find the tweet now but i remember seeing Andy Copping saying that we would get the remaining acts and Stage Times in April, just according to the line up poster we still have acts TBA and no stage times.

Untitled.png

I posted the tweet on here a page or two back

So after Download officially announced that they were unable to put together a tribute act that would sufficiently honour Motorhead's legacy... Metal Hammer have now announced that just days after Download, on the Monday in fact, that they have got the surviving members of Motorhead and Saxon coming together to perform a tribute act to honour Lemmy's legacy at their Golden Gods Awards Show. 

16 minutes ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

So after Download officially announced that they were unable to put together a tribute act that would sufficiently honour Motorhead's legacy... Metal Hammer have now announced that just days after Download, on the Monday in fact, that they have got the surviving members of Motorhead and Saxon coming together to perform a tribute act to honour Lemmy's legacy at their Golden Gods Awards Show. 

I think it's ridiculous they couldn't get a tribute together. So many legendary bands that Lemmy was friends with and so many bands that will have admired him. Could name plenty of band members that would have been fitting for the tribute, laziness and saving money probably the causes.

5 hours ago, The Ghost Of Eddie said:

I think it's ridiculous they couldn't get a tribute together. So many legendary bands that Lemmy was friends with and so many bands that will have admired him. Could name plenty of band members that would have been fitting for the tribute, laziness and saving money probably the causes.

Pretty much making a big fuss about it etc and then not being actually arsed to do anything. The others acts are probably only doing at due to not wanting to be forgotten now Lemmy is gone.

1 hour ago, devilman said:

I'm not buying the 20 minute tribute film bollox. We'll be getting the same tribute.

Interesting to hear Mikkey Dee has binned Thin Lizzy and will now tour with the Scorpions.

Metal Hammer have already confirmed their show is a one off. There will be no performance at Download. 

Edited by Pop Punk Sucks

3 hours ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

Metal Hammer have already confirmed their show is a one off. There will be no performance at Download. 

That would be just too embarrassing. They should just pull the whole Lemmy tribute thing and put a band on instead. It'll be seen as a pathetic token effort otherwise and in no way a tribute.

1 hour ago, devilman said:

That would be just too embarrassing. They should just pull the whole Lemmy tribute thing and put a band on instead. It'll be seen as a pathetic token effort otherwise and in no way a tribute.

Sure but considering already this year they've replaced Down with the band below and Andy belittled anyone who suggested they weren't big enough for the slot, I don't think it's below the fest at all. It'll be plain to see how dreadful an idea it was when it plays out to an empty field.

Edited by dentalplan

24 minutes ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

Alien Ant Farm put up a graphic saying they're on at 2 so I don't see how they're stretching out 3 bands and a short film all evening long.

Very good point. Rammstein will probably get 1.5 hours, Korn probably an hour, Killswitch 45 minutes, Lemmy tribute 20 minutes, that totals around 3 and a half hours, taking us to 7:30, obviously add on change over time, but that won't take 4 hours, especially as the Killswitch/Korn changeover can be done whilst the Lemmy Video is on, we will surely get another act between AAF and Killswitch

Edited by The Ghost Of Eddie

21 hours ago, The Ghost Of Eddie said:

I think we'd only have time for one more above AAF with changeovers, probably one above them and one below them

The one below is Royal Republic.

AAF have confirmed they're playing at 2pm. Main arena starts at 1pm on Friday at Download, always has 8 acts on main with this time frame, but AAF confirming they're on at 2pm when usually second on main stage is 1.45, its clear they're just spreading it out, so I'd imagine we are just getting one more act on main stage. 

In reality, its as much a cop out when AC/DC played and we only had 4 acts on main stage and then AC/DC play their set on their stage. But that was ok because it was to allow the budget of AC/DC playing and their set up. Whats the excuse this year? 

2 hours ago, luckysalt said:

The one below is Royal Republic.

AAF have confirmed they're playing at 2pm. Main arena starts at 1pm on Friday at Download, always has 8 acts on main with this time frame, but AAF confirming they're on at 2pm when usually second on main stage is 1.45, its clear they're just spreading it out, so I'd imagine we are just getting one more act on main stage. 

In reality, its as much a cop out when AC/DC played and we only had 4 acts on main stage and then AC/DC play their set on their stage. But that was ok because it was to allow the budget of AC/DC playing and their set up. Whats the excuse this year? 

Lemmy died so you're not allowed to criticise anything wrong with Friday Main Stage. 

Vukovi self confirmed on twitter. Download retweeted it. Dunno what day. Probably sunday seeing as I quite like them and there just isn't much else on that day :). Hopefully we'll get another film confirmed for Friday.

6 hours ago, devilman said:

Vukovi self confirmed on twitter. Download retweeted it. Dunno what day. Probably sunday seeing as I quite like them and there just isn't much else on that day :). Hopefully we'll get another film confirmed for Friday.

Looks like probably either Third Stage Friday or Fourth Stage Sunday.

Lemmy Stag:
Friday - 5 (and Lemmy Film)
Saturday - 8
Sunday - 8

Encore Stage:
Friday - 8
Saturday - 9
Sunday - 10

Third Stage:
Friday - 6 (and Gutterdammerung)
Saturday - 9
Sunday - 9