Download 2016

Hart Attack

2 minutes ago, lightning1000 said:

Yeah I'm not going to be there. It was already debatable as it probably clashes with acts I want to see. Now I know I can definitely find something better to do

Yeah absolutely. I mean, that Friday would be pretty poor for me if I went and Motorhead would've been one of two acts I'd be interested in seeing (the other, ironically, being Gutterdammerung which is also centred around a video :lol:) but I would still probably check out Glassjaw instead or something as I've already seen loads of tributes to Lemmy, and watched the documentaries and stuff, so now they're not actually offering anything new then why bother? There to see live performances.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

Yeah absolutely. I mean, that Friday would be pretty poor for me if I went and Motorhead would've been one of two acts I'd be interested in seeing (the other, ironically, being Gutterdammerung which is also centred around a video :lol:) but I would still probably check out Glassjaw instead or something as I've already seen loads of tributes to Lemmy, and watched the documentaries and stuff, so now they're not actually offering anything new then why bother? There to see live performances.

Yeah I want to see glassjaw. I just didn't want to miss out on something that might be special and give the man a fitting send off. Now I know that's not happening, it's a no brainer to go see glassjaw 

1 minute ago, rivalschools.price said:

I find it hard to believe that they couldn't get a band together for the Motorhead tribute.I thought it would be Mikkey and Phil with various singers, surely they could have rustled together a singer(and bassist) from the rest of the bands on the lineup.

Mikkey moved onto Thin Lizzy for their tour and by the looks of it, Phil just announced a tour with his band. It is a bit of a headscratcher as to why the long-time guitarist of Motorhead wasn't booked for Download when there was supposed to be such an emphasis on paying tribute to Lemmy.

38 minutes ago, lightning1000 said:

Yeah I want to see glassjaw. I just didn't want to miss out on something that might be special and give the man a fitting send off. Now I know that's not happening, it's a no brainer to go see glassjaw 

Yeah, same here.

im a huge Glassjaw fan but seen them a few times and didn't want to miss what I thought was going to be a great Lemmy tribute.Will Defo watch Glassjaw now instead of a film tribute(which will probably be shown on to later anyway)

Annoyed that they haven't arranged anything but equally glad as now I don't have to decide between the tribute and Twin Atlantic, if anything it's just saved me a dilemma. Shame they, as arguably the largest rock/metal festival in the world couldn't arrange a tribute for one of the pioneers, especially as he was due to play.

5 hours ago, Gozpot said:

Annoyed that they haven't arranged anything but equally glad as now I don't have to decide between the tribute and Twin Atlantic, if anything it's just saved me a dilemma. Shame they, as arguably the largest rock/metal festival in the world couldn't arrange a tribute for one of the pioneers, especially as he was due to play.

They aren't the largest rock/metal festival in the world, others wouldn't get lieups and walk all over them if they were. That's all Coppings mythical mind.

On 15/04/2016 at 11:14 PM, luckysalt said:

I saw them last year, they said they were coming back next year but its not looking likely how their dates fall

Edit - BTW they were excellent last year and I can see them going very far. 

Seen em four times now and each and every time they have been shit hot

Gonna do two gigs on the mini uk tour in June

8 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

So no times added as well then

AC said that the remaining acts were being announced in April and the stage times would be added shortly after, so probably in the next two weeks, it's 8 weeks until the festival, it's hardly like they've left it late.

Hopefully some more on Friday Main, he did say before it would be a full day as normal.

Architects he's said on twitter will be playing during the stage change over of MegaDeth and Deftones, so does look like top end of the bill will be clashless. 

Juliette and The Licks is a fantastic addition, saw them at V in 2007? They were great! Guessing they'll clash with the start of Megadeth.

14 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

Architects he's said on twitter will be playing during the stage change over of MegaDeth and Deftones, so does look like top end of the bill will be clashless. 

Suggests the opposite to me - the two acts above them can't both play in the changeover between Deftones and Sabbath.