Download 2016

Hart Attack

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 hours ago, luckysalt said:

Guys, don't stress out worrying about clashfinders being right and everything, just wait until the line ups complete and see then, its fucking months away anyway so nothing you can do about it until then. 

Im just waiting until 20,000 people on twitter ask Copping if they are showing England v Russia on the Saturday night.

To be fair would be nice if they showed it on main stage before Sabbath started. They could get the whole first half in. 

Ugh, please no, watching the match in 2014 on those tiny as screens at second was perhaps the grimist 2 hours of my life, hungover as fuck having peaked far to early in the day and nackered as anything, was legit awful. Never watching a Footy game at a festival again.

I've been saying All Time Low for ages :P

Sum 41 headlining third on the Saturday is something I can definitely see, especially when you see the other acts playing that day (Neck Deep, Anti-Flag). Have NOFX clashing with Deftones, so the second stage closes early and doesn't clash with Sabbath. That way, I would expect a substantial chunk of the NOFX crowd to head over to Sum 41, who WILL be clashing with Sabbath. 

It would also make a Saturday day ticket much more appealing than it already is for me personally :D 

Sum 41 headlining 3rd on the Saturday was what I was thinking as well. Which worries me greatly incase it finishes before Sabbath as well. Deftones/Sum 41 as a clash would be an absolute horror show. True flick of a coin stuff.

A daft slot for Good Charlotte might be a bit TOO much to ask for, and they'd probably get ridiculed right off the stage.

1 hour ago, DomDom1984 said:

That'd take away potential for a clash which would be tremendous. Hope it's them.

EDIT: Sum 41 as well actually!

ATL would go above TA well tbf.

9 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I've been saying All Time Low for ages :P

Sum 41 headlining third on the Saturday is something I can definitely see, especially when you see the other acts playing that day (Neck Deep, Anti-Flag). Have NOFX clashing with Deftones, so the second stage closes early and doesn't clash with Sabbath. That way, I would expect a substantial chunk of the NOFX crowd to head over to Sum 41, who WILL be clashing with Sabbath. 

It would also make a Saturday day ticket much more appealing than it already is for me personally :D 

Not sure you had them for the Friday though :P

For both of you, I doubt Sum 41, their tour runs until next Friday which I imagine will be a bit late for the announcement and they have nothing in Europe close to Download, Groezrock is end of April but they won't get the slot like The Offspring did to stick around.

5 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Sum-41 aren't doing summer Euro dates until August. It'll be R+L for them instead.

Hmm, that's a good point, and I've been predicting them as Lock Up headliners for a while so that makes sense. 

Like Dom just said, it could be Good Charlotte headlining third on the Saturday, seeing how they are on tour with ATL and both of those slots have been held back. 

1 minute ago, Andre91 said:

Hmm, that's a good point, and I've been predicting them as Lock Up headliners for a while so that makes sense. 

Like Dom just said, it could be Good Charlotte headlining third on the Saturday, seeing how they are on tour with ATL and both of those slots have been held back. 

Good Charlotte on 3rd would make life easier. Would be disappointed to miss them, but not gutted.

3 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

Good Charlotte on 3rd would make life easier. Would be disappointed to miss them, but not gutted.

(Hopefully) a run of Bury Tomorrow > Architects > Deftones > Neck Deep > Good Charlotte, along with Atreyu, Beartooth and Black Peaks earlier in the day would do me very well. 

9 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

The tour for Sum 41 is sold out, so it's not a big deal for them. I'd imagine the announcement would have been held back if it wasn't.

In that case they could have easily made it 37 bands the other day. R&L defo have them and possibly to themselves. Not convinced it'll be lockup, but I have a ticket anyway and an ATL one for Sat so catch all 4 of them is covered.

6 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I think Good Charlotte would be low main or 2nd stage.

Tuesday morning I imagine will be just a standard announcement for this one in a few days. What I will say though is, given that ATL still had standing tickets at least to shift for their gigs show how much an influence YMA6 had on that co-headline arena tour they did with just themselves on it, and it wasn't a small tour really. 

Edited by thewayiam