Download 2016

Hart Attack

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have to say IMO no replacement for Motorhead is a cop out, you could do a tribute for Lemmy on the video screen before the headliners, sometimes its a hours wait, but that would cut into advertising time, so lets cut a replacement act, save us some money and do it then, when people will be walking around doing something else more likely. 

I wonder if they are still going to pay Motorhead their fee out of respect? 

More people would see the tribute if it was before the headline act and they know it, Im all for honouring Lemmy but there's ways of doing it. If they do have some kind of onstage musical tribute with a musicians then its a different story but if they just show a video then its bollocks.

14 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

Have to say IMO no replacement for Motorhead is a cop out, you could do a tribute for Lemmy on the video screen before the headliners, sometimes its a hours wait, but that would cut into advertising time, so lets cut a replacement act, save us some money and do it then, when people will be walking around doing something else more likely. 

More people would see the tribute if it was before the headline act and they know it, Im all for honouring Lemmy but there's ways of doing it. If they do have some kind of onstage musical tribute with a musicians then its a different story but if they just show a video then its bollocks.

I reckon there will be some acts involved. I can imagine Corey Taylor being involved somehow given how often both of them have played.

47 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

Well they reckon they're talking to Motorhead's management about a tribute, so that should entail something where the surviving Motorhead musicians are involved. No idea how well that'll work if Mikkey Dee is touring with Thin Lizzy but you get the feeling that Download don't particularly know what they're gonna do with it either so we'll see.

14 minutes ago, rivalschools.price said:

Andy has just tweeted that Maiden and Janes addiction DONT clash.

Great news for me

Couldn't see it somehow. JA will play the same slot that Shikari did pretty much. I'm hoping top 3 stagger so that Billy T don't clash with Nightwish but if so then it's Billy. An hour away so reckon I'll go.

1 hour ago, rivalschools.price said:

Andy has just tweeted that Maiden and Janes addiction DONT clash.

Great news for me

Has he? I've seen him tweet saxon and maiden wouldn't clash (which i expected) but i didnt see that.

Guess it'll be the same sinario as yellowcard then shikari then kiss all staggered like last year then.

33 minutes ago, oneoftherest said:

Anyone else think there is some odd placings this year? Breaking Benjamin seem really low, I'm not a massive fan but would've thought they'd be higher than that

same slot as 3 days grace. It will be a mental crush in there

3 hours ago, oneoftherest said:

Anyone else think there is some odd placings this year? Breaking Benjamin seem really low, I'm not a massive fan but would've thought they'd be higher than that

They're not really that big. They'll get some extra interest since they don't do shows here, but they're not exactly megastars. I'd say their placing is fair enough.

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

I'm really considering a Saturday day ticket. Deftones, Atreyu, Beartooth, NOFX, Architects, Bury Tomorrow, Neck Deep, Anti-Flag, Black Peaks and SHVPES is a great lot of bands for me. 

Not in for the weekend then Andre? May turn up about 3pm on Sunday, Friday as lucky said is weak and shite and I didn't really expect anything to be added to Saturday for me anyway.

24 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

They're not really that big. They'll get some extra interest since they don't do shows here, but they're not exactly megastars. I'd say their placing is fair enough.

Probably right here tbf. The worrying positioning for a band in NOFX, closing 2nd is really bad, they are not a 3rd on main stage band.

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

I'm really considering a Saturday day ticket. Deftones, Atreyu, Beartooth, NOFX, Architects, Bury Tomorrow, Neck Deep, Anti-Flag, Black Peaks and SHVPES is a great lot of bands for me. 

My thoughts exactly. That added with the last 30mins or so of sabbath just so i can say I've seen them and I'd say that's  £80 well spent.

Plus there's still another 15 bands left to add to that day yet. That makes 3 excellent saturdays 3 years in a row now for me.

2 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Not in for the weekend then Andre? May turn up about 3pm on Sunday, Friday as lucky said is weak and shite and I didn't really expect anything to be added to Saturday for me anyway.

Not at the moment, I'm afraid! On the Friday I would want to see Heck, Killswitch, KoRn and Rammstein. The Saturday is absolutely stacked as I've already said, and on the Sunday I would only want to see Frank Carter, Don Broco and Billy Talent, so the whole weekend isn't looking like an option for me right now. 

14 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

NOFX do seem like a small band for that spot. I thought they'd headline 3rd if they played. Plus, they'll probably clash with Deftones at least a bit, which is a bit disappointing. Not TOO disappointing, since Deftones is an easy choice having seen NOFX not long ago.

If it works out like last time and the staging isn't staggeres then Skindred are full on clashing with Deftones with NOFX starting between the finish of Deftones and the 1st half hour of Sabbath.

11 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Not at the moment, I'm afraid! On the Friday I would want to see Heck, Killswitch, KoRn and Rammstein. The Saturday is absolutely stacked as I've already said, and on the Sunday I would only want to see Frank Carter, Don Broco and Billy Talent, so the whole weekend isn't looking like an option for me right now. 

Yeah you're only really going to have clash free KSE Friday. Sunday for me is easily the best day, that being said I wouldn't actually bother attending Saturday until about 7pm lol or Friday at all, but that's just me.

4 minutes ago, Dead throne said:

Going by the early clash finder....i am fucked.

It won't go like that, look at the Download 2013 clash finder for Sunday and replace the bands on there with this year.

I'm not so sure that Sabbath withh avoid clashes as I think when Andy said Jane's wouldn't clash with Maiden, he'd have problem said all 2nd stage headers will finish before main stage headers. I'd use Sabbaths day in 2012 as an accurate enough guide.