Download 2016

Hart Attack

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, SOAD said:

Assuming Jane's headlining second Sunday. If so would they clash with Maiden or Nightwish? Any news if second isnt clashing with main headliner again? Would rather JA clash with Maiden than Nightwish tbh as don't want to miss Jane's or Nightwish

I imagine it'll be staggered so Nightwish then Jane's then Maiden.

So hoping Jane's are playing Rock Am Ring or shows on the side, will be gutted to miss them this time round. Saw them a few years ago when they performed Nothing's Shocking in full and it was nothing short of spectacular, looks like they may be doing Ritual De Lo Habitual this time round!

Decent enough announcement for me. Plenty of bands to check out but as expected most are on third and fourth anyway so probably will only create clashes. Depending on how the times work out this year it looks like loads of bands I want to see are clashing. Although of course bands could be slotted in etc.

2 minutes ago, devilman said:

Jane's Addiction was the best sound I ever heard at a festival when they played T in the Park. Sunday is fucking heart breaking, I want to see every band and that won't be possible. The whole line up is fantastic for me, I love it.

Ditto, think line up is excellent 

DL on the motorhead slot -

Whilst we’re saddened to say Motörhead will no longer be performing at this year’s Download Festival, we will honour a true rock ‘n’ roll icon who inspired so many others on the bill, Lemmy Kilmister. For one year only, Download Festival’s Main Stage will be named ‘The Lemmy Stage’ in tribute to a much loved and missed legend. We are working with Motörhead’s management on a tribute to the great man during the slot he would have performed on, more information to follow.
Read more at http://downloadfestival.co.uk/news/update-mot-rhead-download#Hpyqr1mSZlmCUBFc.99

Janes is a bloody great alternative to Maiden. In fact Electric Wizard>Gojira>Ghost>Janes would be fantastic without the two headliners even needing to clash, if they don't. Turbowolf a good addition to any festival as always.

Agree that it does look strong when you see the poster in full. Sunday really is pretty stacked and Saturday is getting there, whereas Friday (particularly for me) seems pretty bare, though it's still bereft of a 2nd headliner and lost a major act.