Download 2016

Hart Attack

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

Of course they did! 

As I said though I think the line up is great. All about taste and also not being unrealistic.

That's got from pretty strong evened out to great quite quickly ;P. All I want is another band or two for Sunday and I'm sorted. See if I can round 3/4 people up to make that disgustingly pricey parking ticket for a day cheap as well.

While we're being realistic though, there is only a smaller portion usually at this fest that interests me and while I've been twice for a weekend, there was probably too many 'sit through' at the side gaps as it's not exactly the quickest turn around job from arena to tent and back to arena (especially if you don't pay extra for 5 days).

1 hour ago, luckysalt said:

2 Second Stage headliners tonight, Sat and Sundays.

And none of the three you suggested Andre.

The announcement I think tonight seems weak, but when you see the line up on a whole afterwards I think it evens out as pretty strong. Of course everyone wont be happy.

Friday on a whole is still pretty weak however in my eyes, across the stages. Needs beefing up for sure.

Ooh that's got me very intrigued now! I'm assuming that none of them have been announced so far? So bands like Skindred and Billy Talent won't be confirmed as Second headliners tonight? 

10 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

That's got from pretty strong evened out to great quite quickly ;P. All I want is another band or two for Sunday and I'm sorted. See if I can round 3/4 people up to make that disgustingly pricey parking ticket for a day cheap as well.

While we're being realistic though, there is only a smaller portion usually at this fest that interests me and while I've been twice for a weekend, there was probably too many 'sit through' at the side gaps as it's not exactly the quickest turn around job from arena to tent and back to arena (especially if you don't pay extra for 5 days).

Pretty Strong is what I think people will see the download line up on a whole as

Great is MY personal opinion.

Jesus you're hard work.

1 hour ago, luckysalt said:

The announcement I think tonight seems weak, but when you see the line up on a whole afterwards I think it evens out as pretty strong. Of course everyone wont be happy.

Friday on a whole is still pretty weak however in my eyes, across the stages. Needs beefing up for sure.

24 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

Pretty Strong is what I think people will see the download line up on a whole as

Great is MY personal opinion.

Jesus you're hard work.

To be fair you didn't give a direct view of what you thought until a 2nd post, only towards what you feel others will think which is why I jokingly said that's gone from pretty strong to great. There wasn't anything bad or anything etc meant with the comment so not sure how you get that, but either way, we shall see.

2 hours ago, luckysalt said:

Cheers for heads up. Agreed it's not a particulaly exciting announcement. Some good stuff but a lot of filler

Assuming Jane's headlining second Sunday. If so would they clash with Maiden or Nightwish? Any news if second isnt clashing with main headliner again? Would rather JA clash with Maiden than Nightwish tbh as don't want to miss Jane's or Nightwish

Edited by SOAD