Download 2016

Hart Attack

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

Bullet's intimate tour not selling out should've probably gave them a clue to not announce a bigger tour.

Tbf most of the dates on that tour were in the arsehole end of nowhere and the easier to get to ones did either sell out, or get close to selling out.

Bare in mind there were about 20 dates on that tour, with no London Birmingham Manchester Glasgow cardiff etc.. and each venue was like 1-2k in capacity. So after the appalling shit that was the previous album i don't think they did to badly really.

As these newly announced dates are the exact major cities they missed out on the last tour i see them having no problem selling them out well in advance, possibly even needing to announce extra newport and/or london dates even if they played DL.

The £30 price point for the new tour is a bit of a piss take seeing as the 2013 arena tour was only £25.. but life.

Nah man. These kinda shows bring out the local (yes people do live in the arse end of nowhere :P) casual fans because of the rarity of a known band and also a lot of the regular arena-ticket-buying fans jump at the chance to see them up close. Not really much defence for not selling it out and that's why they've moved down from arena tours and announced it ten months in advance, rather than doing Download and doing it the week following when practically every band on the lineup announces a winter tour.

Definitely gone down in popularity, yeah no doubt. But i don't see them having any issues selling out 4 2k, 1 3k and a 1 5K set of venues in the major cities of the uk within 10 months.

I imagine they've announced them so far in advance to test the water to see how quickly they sell so more could possibly be added and give those 2nd dates enough time to sell. Especially as there are 2/3 dates between every show atm.

And yes fans do like to go to local shows and see fave bands in obsure places sure, but the reason why there are arenas in london, Manchester etc and not in devon is because unless you drive you try getting back to anywhere central from somewhere that rural at 11pm no matter how much of a fan you are.

Unless its a one off in london or you're like muse or something i wouldn't really call say Guildford G live (1700 cap) as an 'imitimate' venue. The 500 cap cardiff show they did a few years back, that was fairly intimate. Those shows were more off the beaten track than intimate. I mean if you look at their 2013 arena tour that probably totalled to about 40k total capacity (which none of the dates sold out), and this most recent tour probably hit about 30K in odd locations where most of which sold out.

Not saying they'll ever be able to headline download now as it may have once looked like, but I don't really see that much of a difference than 2/3 years ago. I'm just glad the new albums better than the last tbh.

Think Enter Shikari or Tencious D would be a good way to go with the Motorhead slot. Tenacious D could turn a somber moment into a fun moment. Although don't know if they are exclusive to Rock Am Ring or anything. Where as Enter Shikari are a band who are arguably getting too big for that slot and who seemed to go down well the last two times they headlined second. So hopefully people wouldn't moan as much about the size of the band taking the slot and it would be cool to see Shikari finally get a Download main stage slot.

Edited by SOAD

I really hope tenacious D play. I'd prefer them fit in on the Saturday though..

Honestly with the motorhead set they may very well still have them play with various vocalists stepping in. Jonathan davis ranting out MH tracks would be a cool wach.

No idea at this point though, im still impatiently waiting the next announcement.  Anyone heard anything on when it'll be?

19 hours ago, SOAD said:

Think Enter Shikari or Tencious D would be a good way to go with the Motorhead slot. Tenacious D could turn a somber moment into a fun moment. Although don't know if they are exclusive to Rock Am Ring or anything. Where as Enter Shikari are a band who are arguably getting too big for that slot and who seemed to go down well the last two times they headlined second. So hopefully people wouldn't moan as much about the size of the band taking the slot and it would be cool to see Shikari finally get a Download main stage slot.

It doesn't say anywhere they're exclusives, but I'd never fully trust google to translate german correctly to be sure on that.

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

I'm hoping (and expecting) that we will get Second Stage headliners tonight. Who is everyone going for? I'm going for Within Temptation on Friday, All Time Low on Saturday and Volbeat on Sunday. 

Architects subbing ATL I reckon, also. 

I may be wrong but I don't think Volbeat can play on Sunday. Their Facebook lists then as playing France June 10th, their website lists them as within that weekend, but Download France website says they are Sunday.

19 minutes ago, lightning1000 said:

I've given up hope of volbeat being there this year.

Yeah, I imagine the Facebook date just says 10th because that's the start of the weekend. It looks so weak on paper with Korn at the top on Saturday.

If Download do get Rancid then please let them be Sunday 2nd stage headers and then that's a day ticket.

2 Second Stage headliners tonight, Sat and Sundays.

And none of the three you suggested Andre.

The announcement I think tonight seems weak, but when you see the line up on a whole afterwards I think it evens out as pretty strong. Of course everyone wont be happy.

Friday on a whole is still pretty weak however in my eyes, across the stages. Needs beefing up for sure.

13 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

2 Second Stage headliners tonight, Sat and Sundays.

And none of the three you suggested Andre.

The announcement I think tonight seems weak, but when you see the line up on a whole afterwards I think it evens out as pretty strong. Of course everyone wont be happy.

Friday on a whole is still pretty weak however in my eyes, across the stages. Needs beefing up for sure.

The only thing that I can guarantee is that everyone won't be happy.