Download 2016

Hart Attack

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

45 minutes ago, Red Day said:

It was the way he seemed to refer to one of the greatest bands as something merely for a singalong

Not at all, I'm not a huge fan and have seen them but while I have a day ticket there is worse I could do that watch them. That PR thing must have been wrong on Kerrang as I doubt there is a place to book them, unless they are Sunday 2nd stage headers. What makes me question if KE are a 2nd stage sub is that TA would do the same slot, so KE are either heading it or same spot on main again. 

I think if you've seen Maiden before, and are maybe looking for something else, then for a singalong is probably as good a reason as any. Certainly, I probably won't go see them if there's something really good to be had that night, having seen them do a wonderful set on the Death on the Road tour.

Not too bad of an announcement. Really like the additions of Frank Carter, Neck Deep, Ho99o9 (who I missed for Foals at Leeds and are playing the same day as The Story So Far in Manchester) and Architects. Would also probably see Twin Atlantic, Milk Teeth, Skindred and Don Broco if I went.

Tempted by the day ticket for Saturday but I wish Frank Cart and Ho99o9 were playing that day but oh well. Will have to wait for stage splits though to see how bad the clashes are

8 minutes ago, endswithMJ said:

are Architects a sub for second stage? They mentioned in the Radio 1 interview that they were really happy in their slot and it was a big thing for them to be playing "that high". 

They didn't confirm a position but I think they could do it. It's either sub or 3rd down, I think. 

I would imagine lower as Skindred can do that slot too. At least 2 of the additiona could be 2nd stage headers.

I'm really hoping Parkway Drive are second stage headliners on the Saturday. A run of Architects > Skindred > Parkway Drive would be real nice.

I could go and catch Deftones whilst Skindred are on :ninja: 

Also, I read on the DL forums that Rancid and Dropkick Murphy's are going to be playing too? Has anyone (luckysalt) heard anything about that?

Edited by Andre91

9 minutes ago, Dead throne said:

are architects clashing with Deftones then?

Sam said on the Rock Show on Sunday when they got announced that they are playing the second stage, and also something along the lines of them being glad that they are getting to play "later on when everyone has had a few beers" so I'm assuming that they will be either third down or subbing second. 

22 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I'm really hoping Parkway Drive are second stage headliners on the Saturday. A run of Architects > Skindred > Parkway Drive would be real nice.

I could go and catch Deftones whilst Skindred are on :ninja: 

Also, I read on the DL forums that Rancid and Dropkick Murphy's are going to be playing too? Has anyone (luckysalt) heard anything about that?

Luckysalt said a while ago they Rancid wasn't happening, although I'd admit they are maybe the only band I'd make a decent effort to be there Saturday for.

Edited by thewayiam

2 hours ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

Saxon headlining third on Sunday, just before Maiden so no alternative from that stage that night at least.

That makes sense really; serves as a warm up for the old school metal fans as opposed to Nightwish and stuff but I don't think they'll knock both 2nd and 3rd stages on the head before 9pm.

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

Sam said on the Rock Show on Sunday when they got announced that they are playing the second stage, and also something along the lines of them being glad that they are getting to play "later on when everyone has had a few beers" so I'm assuming that they will be either third down or subbing second. 

Hm both are bad tbh :/ See my fav band or a band I haven't seen yet