Download 2016

Hart Attack

On 12/2/2015, 12:57:56, justanothername said:

Well I don't know what R&L you are referring too as they didn't play this year. However they did play last year and they were mint so I presume you're on about about different R&L then

All opinions I guess

2 hours ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

More bands Sunday on t'radio 

Hoping for PR on Sunday.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

Parkway Drive and Shinedown please. Papa Roach would be tremendous as well.

Well PR apparantly got confirmed on Kerrang Radio so I would think that if they aren't in this one then it's not correct. They aren't supporting on the Deftones gig now either so that can't hold it back.

ATDI on that day as well would guarantee a day ticket, tomorrow will probably help decide towards R&L and whether I care should they be there.

Edited by thewayiam

12 minutes ago, devilman said:

My mate is pals with them yet I have never seen them due to clashes and me not being able to drag my arse away from the tent that early. Hopefully this time then!

They were excellent in 2014 in tent. Well worth a watch 

4 hours ago, luckysalt said:

Breaking Benjamin Booked Bluming Brilliant Bloody Bastards. 

Any more B's?

Is this official? Booking of the century so far if so. Not because they are the best band ever or anything but because your chances of seeing them over here has been non existent! I was planning American fests next year primarily to catch these before he goes doolally again. Yaaaasssssss!

Yeah I don't think they've toured outside the US and Canada before. But they're confirmed for Nova Rock in Austria which is download weekend, apparently he's getting a boat over like Travis Barker did after his crash. I caught them in Orlando in 2011 and they were amazing! 

Edited by deadash321

2 hours ago, ICantThinkOfAName said:

Think people'll like tomorrow's announcement.

Some bands that play a bit frequently like Rival Sons and Down, but also:

KSE
Billy Talent
Atreyu
Neck Deep
Breaking Benjamin
Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes
Gojira
Ho99o9

Yep some cool names. Especially Ho99o9 - I wonder how they'll go down. Know anything about the placements?

9 hours ago, ICantThinkOfAName said:

Think people'll like tomorrow's announcement.

Some bands that play a bit frequently like Rival Sons and Down, but also:

KSE
Billy Talent
Atreyu
Neck Deep
Breaking Benjamin
Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes
Gojira
Ho99o9

KSE play all the time as well. Billy Talent sticks out, hopefully on the Sunday. Perfect fit below Disturbed, I wouldn't see them below Motorhead or Megadeth again.

Provided it's correct though, I'd have said if they had ATDI then it would probably be in this one unless this isn't all of it.

31 minutes ago, Red Day said:

Thanks, knew it was tonight, it's where the info about who's actually being announced I was asking about.

half of it will be assumed from bands announced from festivals in europe at the time, other people have sources who will tell them selective information.

shinedown are good. this has potential to be a really good lineup overall

On 04/12/2015, 04:07:48, luckysalt said:

Breaking Benjamin Booked Bluming Brilliant Bloody Bastards. 

Any more B's?

Bangin'?

Edited by lharris92

20 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Just WOW. It certainly has the potential to be one of the most reused lineups overall with bands playing too high.

cry me a river.

some bands develop and grow in size, some don't.

there's a lot of people who may not have been to download before who are considering it because of the bands booked at this particular time.

the world doesn't revolve around you, get over it. if you don't like it, don't go. simple.

edit: also, just for example, I know there are bands that play more often than not but you get that at other festivals as well. (see Frank Turner at R&L)

but there are other cases who do not -

Shinedown - 2009, 2012, 2016.

Billy Talent (if confirmed) - 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012.

those sort of bookings help sway people

Edited by lharris92

8 minutes ago, lharris92 said:

cry me a river.

some bands develop and grow in size, some don't.

there's a lot of people who may not have been to download before who are considering it because of the bands booked at this particular time.

the world doesn't revolve around you, get over it. if you don't like it, don't go. simple.

edit: also, just for example, I know there are bands that play more often than not but you get that at other festivals as well. (see Frank Turner at R&L)

but there are other cases who do not - Shinedown - 2009, 2012, 2016. those sort of bookings help sway people

I think you'll find that the people who moan most about the lineup had no intention of going anyway and haven't been for years.

i know one guy who said he want going this year as there are too many repeats but he hasn't been for over five years.

By my reckoning, he hasn't seen Sabbath or Maiden for something like ten years and hasn't seen Rammstein ever.Some repeats!