Download 2016

Hart Attack

I don't understand why people like Ghost. Their story and masks are really good but wtf with music. It's like soft rock, Red Hot Chili Peppers have more metal songs than them. I saw them supporting Iron Maiden in 2013 and people liked first 2 or 3 songs than in next 45 minutes it seemed like they played that 3 songs again and again, people started to whistle and boo at them

Edited by Nicklord

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Talking of which, if you want one, get it now. This place will be like "campervan ticket under the hammer" soon. The fuckers have increased the price from £109 inc fees last year to £145 inc fees this year. Not only that, it's gone up £15 since the early birds ran out. Blatant rip off. It was £40 in 2010. 

I think the campervan price is scandalous at that price.  It has stopped me buying a ticket this year.

Campervan pass for Rock am Ring was 40 Euros last year and you get hook up for that!  On top of that you are allowed to take 1 litre of alcohol in arena so long as in a tetrapack

I don't understand why people like Ghost. Their story and masks are really good but wtf with music. It's like soft rock, Red Hot Chili Peppers have more metal songs than them. I saw them supporting Iron Maiden in 2013 and people liked first 2 or 3 songs than in next 45 minutes it seemed like they played that 3 songs again and again, people started to whistle and boo at them

That says more about Iron Maiden fans than it does about Ghost. The act who subs them have drawn the short straw. :P

I think the campervan price is scandalous at that price.  It has stopped me buying a ticket this year.

Campervan pass for Rock am Ring was 40 Euros last year and you get hook up for that!  On top of that you are allowed to take 1 litre of alcohol in arena so long as in a tetrapack

Hang on, what?! You can take take alcohol in the arena at RAR?

Possible game changer that. Although the time and fuel to get there would probably not make it possible for me. I'll certainly be looking at it for 2017.

new album is 100x better than their first two in my opinion , think theyve found their sound or atleast the best part of it, but i know what you mean ghost to me are soft metal haha

Hang on, what?! You can take take alcohol in the arena at RAR?

Yes.  You can take in a 1 lire tetra-pack and that does not have to be sealed so you can put in it whatever you want.  Lots of the Germans use duck tape with a 1 litre tetra-pack so that they can carry it on their shoulder like a bag.  You cannot take cans or bottles (plastic or glass) but the tetra-pack is fine.

This is from festival website;  it says original tetra pack whatever that is supposed to mean but they do not check and seems to be accepted (perhaps unofficially) that people fill with vodka / schnapps.....preferably with a mixer if you do not fancy dying!

Auf dem Campinggelände sind Glasflaschen und Glasbehältnisse nicht erlaubt, alle anderen Arten von Verpackungen sind gestattet. On the campground glass bottles and glass containers are not allowed, all other types of packaging are permitted. Auf dem Festivalgelände ausschließlich Getränke bis zu 1l Inhalt und nur in original TETRA-PAK-Verpackungen, 1 Behältnis pro Person, zugelassen. On the festival grounds only drinks up to 1l content and only in original Tetra Pak packaging, 1 container per person allowed

If you want to buy beer in the arena then it is Beck's.  Cannot remember price but it is quite a bit cheaper than UK festivals.  Loads of bars so you never have to queue.

Yes.  You can take in a 1 lire tetra-pack and that does not have to be sealed so you can put in it whatever you want.  Lots of the Germans use duck tape with a 1 litre tetra-pack so that they can carry it on their shoulder like a bag.  You cannot take cans or bottles (plastic or glass) but the tetra-pack is fine.

This is from festival website;  it says original tetra pack whatever that is supposed to mean but they do not check and seems to be accepted (perhaps unofficially) that people fill with vodka / schnapps.....preferably with a mixer if you do not fancy dying!

Auf dem Campinggelände sind Glasflaschen und Glasbehältnisse nicht erlaubt, alle anderen Arten von Verpackungen sind gestattet. On the campground glass bottles and glass containers are not allowed, all other types of packaging are permitted. Auf dem Festivalgelände ausschließlich Getränke bis zu 1l Inhalt und nur in original TETRA-PAK-Verpackungen, 1 Behältnis pro Person, zugelassen. On the festival grounds only drinks up to 1l content and only in original Tetra Pak packaging, 1 container per person allowed

If you want to buy beer in the arena then it is Beck's.  Cannot remember price but it is quite a bit cheaper than UK festivals.  Loads of bars so you never have to queue.

Cheers for the info man, that's cool. I'm a cider drinker so it would help so take 2litre bottles of cider and empty into these as I go. Do they sell a cider/spirit alternative inside?

Download it's fair to say has already pretty much priced me out of going next year, they would have to pull off killer undercards and 2nd stage headers to consider it and I'd need to really want to see a band to pay that stupid £20 day's parking fee.

good to hear , never got the chance to see them at reading or leeds but i've got a ticket to their glasgow show in december.

I'm at Tremonti the week before and Ghost are playing on mad friday. I'm already booked for drunken shenanigans. I'd love to go but that would mean 4 weekends away in a row for me and I'll never get that past the domestic management. 

Cheers for the info man, that's cool. I'm a cider drinker so it would help so take 2litre bottles of cider and empty into these as I go. Do they sell a cider/spirit alternative inside?

Download it's fair to say has already pretty much priced me out of going next year, they would have to pull off killer undercards and 2nd stage headers to consider it and I'd need to really want to see a band to pay that stupid £20 day's parking fee.

Not sure if you can buy cider in the arena.  There is an Aldi and a Lidl about 10 minutes walk from campervan field and alcohol there is much cheaper than any UK supermarket.  You will probably be able to buy Somersby as that is making inroads across Europe although I don't like it.  There was also a Lidl erected on the tent campsite which charged exactly the same prices as any regular Lidl.  Further proof that UK festivals really are just trying to take your cash.

One thing to bear in mind if in the campervan fields is that because electrical hook up is included a lot of the Germans bring full on sound systems.  It can be very noisy all night.  In fact even in the tent campsites there is hook up and a lot of people brig fridges with them to keep drinks cool!  Think you have to pay a deposit to being a fridge so that you don't dump it.  Last year tickets were around 165 Euros I think (say £120), so another plus.  Mendig is around 4 hours drive from channel ports.

I would like to see Rammstein though and they seem unlikely for RaR this year as they are confirmed for Southside / Hurricane.  Announcement is likely to be Wednesday so will see who is announced.

Possible game changer that. Although the time and fuel to get there would probably not make it possible for me. I'll certainly be looking at it for 2017.

Depends where you are travelling from.  Seems like you are in Moray so it is a long way to any of the ports (then again it is a log way to Donnington).  You can get ferry from Newcastle or Hull to Netherlands and a shortish drive from there and diesel is cheaper in Germany- (about 83p / litre http://www.fuel-prices-europe.info/. You will save money on:

Tickets

Campervan pass

Booze - And you can fill van up to bring home

Food

Really depends how many of you are going but for us (couple + child) it works out good value

Not sure if you can buy cider in the arena.  There is an Aldi and a Lidl about 10 minutes walk from campervan field and alcohol there is much cheaper than any UK supermarket.  You will probably be able to buy Somersby as that is making inroads across Europe although I don't like it.  There was also a Lidl erected on the tent campsite which charged exactly the same prices as any regular Lidl.  Further proof that UK festivals really are just trying to take your cash.

One thing to bear in mind if in the campervan fields is that because electrical hook up is included a lot of the Germans bring full on sound systems.  It can be very noisy all night.  In fact even in the tent campsites there is hook up and a lot of people brig fridges with them to keep drinks cool!  Think you have to pay a deposit to being a fridge so that you don't dump it.  Last year tickets were around 165 Euros I think (say £120), so another plus.  Mendig is around 4 hours drive from channel ports.

I would like to see Rammstein though and they seem unlikely for RaR this year as they are confirmed for Southside / Hurricane.  Announcement is likely to be Wednesday so will see who is announced.

Where is the nearest airport from the UK to the festival as I imagine flying is the best route?

Copping has said on Twitter that he has 12 bands "locked in" for Download. You would assume that it would be the top three on main and second stage headliners. I'm going for: 

Rammstein 
Deftones 
Of Mice & Men 

Bullet For My Valentine 

Black Sabbath 
Rainbow 
The Darkness 

KoRn 

Iron Maiden 
Volbeat 
Disturbed 

All Time Low 

Copping has said on Twitter that he has 12 bands "locked in" for Download. You would assume that it would be the top three on main and second stage headliners. I'm going for: 

Rammstein 
Deftones 
Of Mice & Men 

Bullet For My Valentine 

Black Sabbath 
Rainbow 
The Darkness 

KoRn 

Iron Maiden 
Volbeat 
Disturbed 

All Time Low 

Korn against Sabbath???? That's one turd in the post to you and I'm not happy about BFMV v Rammstein either.

Korn against Sabbath???? That's one turd in the post to you and I'm not happy about BFMV v Rammstein either.

I think whoever plays against Sabbath will finish in time for their set, like they did with Maiden in 2013.  So it will be more like KoRn against Rainbow. 

Edited by Andre91

Rammstein 
Deftones 
Of Mice & Men 

Bullet For My Valentine 

Black Sabbath 
Rainbow 
The Darkness 

KoRn 

Iron Maiden 
Volbeat 
Disturbed 

All Time Low 

Wrong. 

He doesn't

On the subject of your billing, OM&M and The Darkness 3rd? No chance.

Edited by luckysalt