Download 2016

Hart Attack

Speaking of Sonisphere, I'm not certain but one of the remaining Sonispheres - Switzerland - apparently seems to have been ditched and Iron Maiden and Rammstein are being hosted at another event in the country under DEAG's 'Allmend Rockt'.

Naw it's still soni Swiss, allmendt rock is the venue name afaik

Edit: sorry just seen its confirmed - its Sonisphere Presents Allmendt rock haha, because a double barreled approach is much simpler :P

Edited by kipper64

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Naw it's still soni Swiss, allmendt rock is the venue name afaik

Edit: sorry just seen its confirmed - its Sonisphere Presents Allmendt rock haha, because a double barreled approach is much simpler :P

Yeah I just had a quick look and the official FB has a poster without any Sonisphere branding for Rammstein, and Sonisphere across the top for Iron Maiden. :lol: Fuck knows what's making them do it like this. It'd be cool as shit if there could be a "Sonisphere presents..." festival in the UK where they branch out from offering the dregs of Download's lineup, but then again when you look at DEAG booking Iron Maiden and Rammstein for every festival across Europe, that doesn't seem all that likely.

Edited by dentalplan

Headliners confirmed then.

Who will be the subs or second stage??

Alice Cooper? Any merit in the rainbow stuff?

For me, as I already have my ticket, I will need something decent on the Sat and Sun night as I saw maiden and Sabbath the last time they played and have zero inclination to see either again.

Edited by Moey

Headliners confirmed then.

Who will be the subs or second stage??

Alice Cooper? Any merit in the rainbow stuff?

For me, as I already have my ticket, I will need something decent on the Sat and Sun night as I saw maiden and Sabbath the last time they played and have zero inclination to see either again.

No real clue but based on who's meant to be about at the time, I think Within Temptation and BFMV are pretty good bets for headlining 2nd and Deftones subbing main.

Talking of which, if you want one, get it now. This place will be like "campervan ticket under the hammer" soon. The fuckers have increased the price from £109 inc fees last year to £145 inc fees this year. Not only that, it's gone up £15 since the early birds ran out. Blatant rip off. It was £40 in 2010. 

Talking of which, if you want one, get it now. This place will be like "campervan ticket under the hammer" soon. The fuckers have increased the price from £109 inc fees last year to £145 inc fees this year. Not only that, it's gone up £15 since the early birds ran out. Blatant rip off. It was £40 in 2010. 

Well known that Downloads extras are overpriced and a rip off, not anyting new.