Download 2016

Hart Attack

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a festival tour afaik for Rammstein the logistics behind a proper tour of arenas next Summer would be too much when Lindemann is also already doing festivals/his own shows around it so it's to go along side that. Supposedly booked for Rock in Vienna, Sonisphere Switzerland and Hurricane/Southside festivals in Germany so far with more TBC.

As we know I've never been biased

I've heard something today which means Soni may actually go ahead next year.

Think it's a knock on effect from downloads plans changing.

Can't say anymore I'm afraid.

The only thing you heard is what you've been reading on the Sonisphere forums for the past 2 days. Nice U-turn by the way, it was fully expected.

The only thing you heard is what you've been reading on the Sonisphere forums for the past 2 days. Nice U-turn by the way, it was fully expected.

is your only existence on this forum just to hate on/criticise people who say anything negative about soni due to its track record in the previous few years?

Laughable.

I think that Soni has the possibility of getting to hurdle one this coming year. I think they have some bands and some headliners committed enough to announce. Whether it sells enough to go ahead is another matter. Ordinarily if it was going to go ahead I would book flights and hotel. I won't be doing that as I would probably lose the money on them. For most people it's one festival or the other and if Download has the headliners that everyone thinks they have then I can't see Soni succeeding. They'll need a stellar line up. Or Metallica and Maiden again. zzzzzzzz

Not everyone gets info exclusively off forums. I'm happy that soni looks to be going ahead, it's a nice festival, but they best hope they've booked something big like a reformed GNR, AC/DC or something that's going to bring a lot of hard-core fans like tool.

However I'd take a punt at metallica, system of a down and slipknot.

Okay, Zegut has given two of the Download France headliners as Iron Maiden and Rammstein. And that's without the '?' which seems to be the difference between things I was spamming earlier that he's speculating and things he actually knows (thanks Kipper ;) ) so it seems LN have booked Rammstein for at least one Download Festival, Maiden probably for both and Sabbath just for UK (if Zegut is right about them doing Hellfest also).

Edited by dentalplan

Aye saw that earlier so definitely seems to be the case. A lot of the bands with question marks were just names getting thrown around on his own commentssection of his blog by posters or from other forums. I think he likes to post the ones with question marks for a bit of discussion but doesn't intend them to be considered his own actual rumours.

Saw someone on ringrocker earlier where I first saw about Rammstein's festival tour a fair few days ago stating DL UK and France for Rammstein as well. Though couldn't determine if the post was rumour or speculation tbh.