Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Swine_Glasto2014

Weather thread 2015

J10 suggested that 2mm of rain would fall and over 4mm did fall (double his suggestion

Where do we find out how much rain fell on the Friday? 

Oh dear. Here we go again. I'm typing this slowly so you'll understand.

J10 suggested that 2mm of rain would fall and over 4mm did fall (double his suggestion) - therefore his suggestion was wrong. I'm not saying his was any better or worse than the other forecasters just that he doesn't deserve the adoration you in particular appear to have for him.

At no time have I criticised Pedmills and I'd rather you didn't put untrue words in my mouth just to try to prove your point. That smacks of desperation.

I also had my 'butt' on the ground every day but on Friday it was between a layer of plastic sheeting laid on top of the mud. How you can defend J10's 'suggestion' that the ground would likely be just damp is quite beyond me I'm afraid as vast areas were muddy with no grass showing at all. That's rather more than damp in my book but obviously not yours.

You can patronise all you like fella, but your critique of Jackone is no more valid than my suggested one for you attacking someone else who's trying to help - just saving you some time.

You seem to be mistaking me saying Thankyou as adoration - that's gratefulness. Check it out could be exciting for you

Thinking back, Glastonbury weekend was pretty much the best part of the summer this year, it stayed nice a few days after while I was off work and seems to have been dogshit ever since.  There have been a few years like this lately, I reckon we dodged a bullet (and still have a wicked wristband tanline).

Thank you weather gods, you did us alright.

my boss is currently at WOMAD - he arrived on Friday and text me saying it was hammering it down and they couldn't pitch their tent.

Personally, I wasn't hindered almost at all by the rain this year. I got a bit wet walking around during the first shower (nothing I couldn't handle with poncho assistance) then changed into my waterproof for the rest of the day. Rain stopped as soon as Motorhead came on which was great and the Sunday showers were almost not worth mentioning.

Would take THAT every year

Thinking back, Glastonbury weekend was pretty much the best part of the summer this year, it stayed nice a few days after while I was off work and seems to have been dogshit ever since.  There have been a few years like this lately, I reckon we dodged a bullet (and still have a wicked wristband tanline).

Thank you weather gods, you did us alright.

Yeah...agree with this. It was near perfect really. Just the right amount of weather.

Charm x

Do other festivals or festival forums get this worked up about the weather?

I mean I suspect there are plenty of individuals who do but has anyone seen this level or organised weather watching elsewhere?

Just thinking as I keep an eye on the weather for boomtown...

my boss is currently at WOMAD - he arrived on Friday and text me saying it was hammering it down and they couldn't pitch their tent.

Personally, I wasn't hindered almost at all by the rain this year. I got a bit wet walking around during the first shower (nothing I couldn't handle with poncho assistance) then changed into my waterproof for the rest of the day. Rain stopped as soon as Motorhead came on which was great and the Sunday showers were almost not worth mentioning.

Would take THAT every year

Did it rain on the Sunday? I don't recall any.

Did it rain on the Sunday? I don't recall any.

Never actually saw rain on Sunday but think I heard it when snuggling down to sleep in the morning time, saw pics of it raining on the Dalai Lama when he was in Kings Meadow too.

Charm x

Yep it rained all throughout the dalai lama, then cleared up after he'd pissed off. I can recall eating my breakfast wrap (from that place just to the right of the other stage, the veggy one was well nice) in dry conditions.

Had to double take when I saw the weather thread proudly on top of page 1

It's like the return of an old friend coming saying happy Christmas to us all

My niece's husband's mother (if you follow that) has come over from South Africa to visit for Christmas.  Since she arrived in South Wales it has persisted down with rain.  "Much nicer than South Africa," she said.  "It was 40 degrees over there.  Much too hot."

Each to their own.

19 hours ago, grumpyhack said:

My niece's husband's mother (if you follow that) has come over from South Africa to visit for Christmas.  Since she arrived in South Wales it has persisted down with rain.  "Much nicer than South Africa," she said.  "It was 40 degrees over there.  Much too hot."

Each to their own.

It appears the 'keep the dust down' people exist in real life too. 

3 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

In the real world yes - at Glastonbury no. 

I dunno, 2010 pushing 30 degrees was unpleasant at times, I definitely couldn't deal with 40.

5 hours ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

I agree but at least you can be unpleasant laid down with a beer listening to music.

Totally this.  By Ray Davies on the Sunday my then 16 year old daughter was basically blitzed by the sun, so we chilled in the shade by the Bread and Roses, could hear the Pyramid and she enjoyed smoothies and naps while I had a few beers in the shade.  

I'm as careful being out in the sun all day in heatwave weather as I am with the wet stuff.  Both can ruin your day/weekend if you don't take adequate precautions.  I've been a sunstroke casualty at a festival in my early 20s and learned the lesson.

BTW, nice to see this old friend popping back to the front page for xmas.  Fingers crossed for next June.

It was 43 degrees today in Melbourne and it was bloody great. 

Played cricket this morning and it was 38 at 9am. That's proper heatwave weather. 

I was there in 2010 and as far as I recall it was not a heatwave. Just quite warm. 

On 18/12/2015 at 1:47 PM, Scruffylovemonster said:

2007 I was shattered from trudging and not a dry patch to lig out on in sight

2007 was deeply disturbing. I don't mind saying that I wouldn't voluntarily go through that again. I'd leave the site and embrace the comfort that only a tarmaced road can offer. Fuck 2007.

20 hours ago, BuriedBones said:

It was 43 degrees today in Melbourne and it was bloody great. 

Played cricket this morning and it was 38 at 9am. That's proper heatwave weather. 

I was there in 2010 and as far as I recall it was not a heatwave. Just quite warm. 

Was a lot more than quite warm. Official temperatures were in the late. 20s, but that's in the shade. It was well into the 30s out in the open, which you are almost all of the time.

On 17/12/2015 at 5:10 PM, grumpyhack said:

Each to their own.

was that her that floated past me on the drive / naval voyage to work this morning in Carmarthen ?