Swine_Glasto2014

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can it stop now? I wanna go dali lama spotting in the green fields

You've probably seen this on his thread, but just in case:

https://twitter.com/GlastoFestFeed/status/615067831462436865

NEWS: The Dalai Lama will be speaking in the King's Meadow (Stone Circle field) at 10.45am this morning.

Edited by stuartbert two hats

It rained and rained overnight & this morning.......but now its glorious again & almost everywhere seems to be fine underfoot now.

I'm back at the tent losing the wellies & getting my converse back out for tonight!

Unbelievable result!

Best weather since 2010? We managed to avoid two of the three big downpours and only got wet during Alabama Shakes. Great Glasto this year all round.

2013 wasn't too bad, probably on a par with that?

Very unfortunate the rain on Friday could have drifted 2 miles north/south and it'd not touched the place! Suppose you could say the say same about the storm that hit in 2013 as well.

Edited by tumbles

Weather report was spot on. Got the completely dry days of Wed, Thurs, and Sat .. And the showers came Friday and Sunday as predicted

Certainly helped with the packing and all my friends thought I was a weather guru as I told them the forecast on Tuesday (from here!!)

Can't complain at all really with this years weather. Would take that every year without fail.

Thanks again all!

Edited by st dan

Met Office had weather spot on Wednesday and then got too optimistic.

Weather was good overall but still worse than was widely forecast when festival started. Everyone who forecast using GFS got the rainfall pretty incorrect TBH.

Not complaining but was briefly quite cross on Friday when it was churning up.

It was overall lovely. Thursday a bit too hot if anything! Sunday morning's rain really wasn't that bad - any mud it created dried up within a couple of hours. Friday a bit heavier than expected, which left mud for the rest of that day, but it didn't cause much trouble at all.