Weather thread 2015

Swine_Glasto2014

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Suntan Sunday was more than alright, was a lovely end to the festival! And on the Saturday afternoon it was dry enough to sit on the ground outside the acoustic listening to Glen Tilbrook, there were still muddy areas where standing water had taken longer to shift or had heavy footfall but they were easily avoided unlike on the Friday. 

Yeah just meant the ground was alright. Weather was perfect for Brian Wilson.

Other stage never recovered, never does. I know this because I fell over after Ian Brown on Sunday night. 

Edited by Glasto Weatherwatch

Friday was total mayhem for a while last year, Rudimental rain was the wettest I've ever been, and I do triathlons.

But the Sun came out for Elbow and it was lovely, if a bit muddy.

Wasn't until Sunday pm when I could sit on the ground anywhere.

Just look at that sunset... almost made the storm worthwhile

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x25jsqt_glastonbury-2014-elbow_music

Using my not in the least bit Scientific analysis of various websites this morning is definitely an upward trend on yesterday. Where 60% of the festival was covered in rain, we're now down to 40% (I don't include the Monday weather in the percentage).

I have added BBC now it's all in range. I'm tempted to add the Norway website just to massively skew the sunshine odds back in our favour.

Anyway, it's mainly Netweather and Metcheck letting the side down. A few days ago they were the most positive of all the forecasts.

I am mostly pleased that all the predictions for storms have gone.

This endless date on uncontrollable and unpredictable phenomena consistently enthralls me. Keep it up!

Edited by Rob Cooper

can people please stop saying this? the weather was absolutely appalling. the mud was horrible, the mud was everywhere.

Really?  I thought it was quite manageable and could have been a lot worse.  I had wellies, I had a poncho...sat in a few tents and things, saw a few things I wouldn't have otherwise bothered with....all good.  

I like this from Netweather:

MY THOUGHTS Slightly busy this morning so just a quick appraisal of the runs this morning and in general they reflect a somewhat better picture again with less domination from Low pressure once we get through the messy array of troughs affecting the UK early next week. High pressure looks to be holding on for dear life across Southern Britain from most output this morning with more of North/South split likely through week 2 when things could become warm and humid across the South in largely dry weather while the North sees the greatest chance of rain and showers then. So while there is the risk of a shower almost anywhere next week a lot of dry weather will largely supercede the effects of this with temperatures pleasant enough for late June in the South and while the North may see more in the way of wind and rain in Week 2 the South looks set fair with a warm SW feed likely..  

Further from Netweather blogs is UKMO has High pressure sticking around. UKMO has also proven to be the most accurate ensemble* (?) in the past 31 days.

So I'm voting UKMO.

(I'm very new to all this meteorological jargon).

In vaguely sunshine associated news, this is the best newspaper story of all time:

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/Naked-man-rampage-Grantchester-tea-garden-near/story-26723760-detail/story.html