Weather thread 2015

Swine_Glasto2014

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Afternoon update, mainly for me, as it's only me left:

Most sites stil saying very little rain Friday.

Most agreed it will start first thing in the am, peak round lunch then die out early PM, with the evening being nice and sunny.

Met Office still predicting heavy rain, but change the location to Glastonbury (6 miles from site) and they say light rain. 

There's now a BBC Glastonbury specific video forecast, and, although it warns of potentially heavy downpours, it also mentions that the rain will be quite light for the most part and will pass quickly.

(As an aside - someone on Netweather forums noted that some heavy downpours were skirting close to Somerset on their latest models, so not just Met Office warning of this).

So essentially - patchy, light rain tomorrow am and most of pm, with potential for heavy periods if we're unlucky.

Sunday looks like either patchy light rain or none at all, depending on how the front comes in. Disgareement at moment, but neither scenrio that bad TBH.

Worryingly threatening for a while, with a Welly Warning in place for Friday.

Good time sunshine for Friday evening and much of Saturday, with a possible Welly Warning again for Sunday.

Evening update, possibly my last one before I get on the A303 tomorrow....

Tomorrow

Woooo - improvement from Met Office through the afternoon! Patchy showers from early morning (10am or so), might get a bit heavier briefly round 11am, should be clear by early pm. This is a big improvement from this morning. So WORRYINGLY THREATENING going into GOOD TIME SUNSHINE.

Saturday

Universal agreement on GOOD TIME SUNSHINE, possibly even some SUNBURN HELL after lunch for a bit.

Sunday

Latest GFS says NICELY CLOUDY, Met Office says patchy light rain through the afternoon with possibly a heavy shower round lunch. 

And that's all the weather. 

One *last* update:

Today

May be a shower first thing (ie now), then again at 2pm and late afternoon, but will be light and brief. Cloudy until The Vaccines, then lovely sunny evening.

Tomorrow

GOOD TIME SUNSHINE

Sunday

Couple of light showers, otherwise cloudy with sunny spells, and might be completely dry.

Either way, we win.

Happy festival everyone, someone get me a pint ready at Brothers.

Edited by Glasto Weatherwatch