Weather thread 2015

Swine_Glasto2014

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we were about to send out search parties. they would have been terrible, terrible, pointless search parties - completely ill-prepared due to the lack of a chart telling them succinctly whether to pack wellies or sunlotion. 

and we'd have been without The Nal because he's busy sourcing two pandas to go in his ark.

Sorry I was away yesterday. Here is today's graph:

e9dptx.jpg

The average (7.6mm) hasn't changed much over the last couple of days.

So this graph suggests that we'll get a fraction of the rainfall that we had in 2007 and 2014? 2011 wasn't too bad if I remember correctly nor 2009. Slightly muddy here and there but overall not too bad.

2014 was actually pretty damn awful wasn't it then?

So this graph suggests that we'll get a fraction of the rainfall that we had in 2007 and 2014? 2011 wasn't too bad if I remember correctly nor 2009. Slightly muddy here and there but overall not too bad.

being very slow on the uptake , i.e thick , I've only just understood this graph! Doh :) , looking not so bad.

I'm looking at it and it looks fine - sunny and warm...is it just me, or have they updated?

It's a fairly good forecast up, but they're still called wetter so I'm not trusting them.

They need to swap the Friday and Monday forecasts too. I'd rather not be sitting on a coach in 28 degree weather. Torture.

Personally I think 2011 was just as bad as 2014, which makes me think the figures for previous years are a bit dodgy. But then 2011's rain was on already soggy ground so that might explain it.

Personally I think 2011 was just as bad as 2014, which makes me think the figures for previous years are a bit dodgy. But then 2011's rain was on already soggy ground so that might explain it.

2011 was horrendous for mud until in started to dry out later on Saturday.

It just underlines that total rainfall isn't an adequate indicator of how 'bad' the conditions were. To use a sporting analogy, it's like saying a defender is good because he makes lots of tackles - it doesn't paint the full picture. 

2011, in my mind was a bit of a grim struggle - rain from day one, pretty cold and muddy until Saturday or Sunday. Getting around was difficult and I was cold and soggy from before I even got through the gate. 

2014, there were some big storms when a lot of rain fell in a short period of time - like in 2005, too - but overall personally it didn't feel like a struggle at all.