Weather thread 2015

Swine_Glasto2014

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got a lorry load being delivered today! What the hell am I going to do with them now?!!?

Get sacrificing. All this GOT stuff is fiction, the goats are real.

Next step, apply for a last minute catering license and set up a Curry Goat stall in West Holts. No need to waste all that goat.

Latest BBC forecast:

Monday 22 June—Sunday 28 June Diverging computer models

The various computer models are diverging at this point but some common patterns have emerged. 

In general, we are expecting high pressure to bring a good deal of dry and settled weather to many northern, central and eastern parts of Britain but this will also mean the increased risk of warmer thundery plumes potentially bringing localised thunderstorms. Further north, frontal systems will make inroads at times. On the whole we are likely to see average or below average temperatures across Northern Ireland and Scotland but the further south and east you are, you're more likely to have days of above average temperatures particularly associated with the warmer air being drawn in from the continent. Rainfall amounts are expected to be below average.

Edited by richy24

Latest BBC forecast:

Monday 22 June—Sunday 28 June Diverging computer models

The various computer models are diverging at this point but some common patterns have emerged. 

In general, we are expecting high pressure to bring a good deal of dry and settled weather to many northern, central and eastern parts of Britain but this will also mean the increased risk of warmer thundery plumes potentially bringing localised thunderstorms. Further north, frontal systems will make inroads at times. On the whole we are likely to see average or below average temperatures across Northern Ireland and Scotland but the further south and east you are, you're more likely to have days of above average temperatures particularly associated with the warmer air being drawn in from the continent. Rainfall amounts are expected to be below average.

That doesn't mention the South West at all!  Does that mean there will be no weather?

Love the pre festival weather buildup but after years of seeing forecasts say one thing then the actual weather be nothing like it,  I tend now to wait and see. Only solid long term rain or long term high pressure and sun seems to come to fruition

Even last weekend our forecast had heavy rain forecast all day for the 5 days leading up then it changed on the Saturday morning to dry, which it was

All this professional meteorological forecasting using science and models and facts is a load of rubbish.

2 days before the festival im going to stand in my garden naked waving a large pointy stick at the nearest cloud shouting something along the lines of `piss off you fluffy bastards`

should work......or I may spend the festival banged up for public intoxication and indecency....we shall see. :P

Can I bring my goats?

Today's average is the highest we've had yet (11.5mm):

24fya76.jpg

Time to pretend I know what's going on...

So the up until this point the median has been comfortably below the mean, until they converged today. I would imagine this is natural as we get closer to the festival that the lines should become closer, as forecasts become more accurate.

Having said that, the difference between maximum and minimum is still as big as ever, so lots to play for!

Edited by big__phil