Weather thread 2015

Swine_Glasto2014

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cor blimey what a scorcher, BBC says we are in for a heatwave!!!!

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-32534488

Unfortunately it doesn't say what month, August knowing our luck!

I have been checking the weather all week for this Saturday, first BBQ of the year, and it's said rain all week then today I've checked and it says it's going to be dry! I think we'll only really know how it's going to be for Glastonbury on the Tuesday, and it will still probably change towards the end of the week like it did last year as none of the weather geeks predicted bloody hailstones!

In the 9 years I've been going to the festival I swear the weather is normally always dry on the Wednesday.

It has been since 2007 except one Wed morning when it chucked it down for a bit around 09:00.

I remember getting a right old soaking putting the tent up in 2011 on the Wednesday morning...

I remember that well, I put the last peg in and the heavens opened, we quickly dived in the tent and thumbed through the magazine for an hour or so until it cleared, then put the other 2 tents up.

I remember that well, I put the last peg in and the heavens opened, we quickly dived in the tent and thumbed through the magazine for an hour or so until it cleared, then put the other 2 tents up.

We weren't so lucky. We were just coming through Gate B when the heavens opened! Got drenched walking down Muddy Lane. Having been up most of the night and in a queue for the previous 4 hours it was a right miserable start to the weekend and usually the weather doesn't overly bother me.

Anyone got any decent footage of the storm from last year? All I remember is being cooked at De La Soul and then not much later these amazing dark clouds rolled in and swept across the valley. Might have made life difficult for a bit but it was a pretty impressive show of nature!

I remember getting a right old soaking putting the tent up in 2011 on the Wednesday morning...

Indeed!

Was going I remember being in the quuee and having to dig out my poncho as it was raining on entry! (Pretty sure it rained at night that year to!)

Edited by LondonTom

In the 9 years I've been going to the festival I swear the weather is normally always dry on the Wednesday.

2011 wasn't I remember having to get help in Disabled camping due to really strong wind and rain.

Btw it was not me having the strong wind :)

Normally dry most days tbh, but it only takes a couple of hours of rain at the wrong time to ruin everything for a couple of days. 2011 is the ideal example with it pissing it down while everyone was queueing to get in - the queues descended into muddy hell, the routes out from them got hammered very quickly and it took most of the festival to recover. There have been other times we've had a couple of hours first thing in the morning and it's all been soaked up and gone before the crowds hit and barely been noticed

From this far out it's all to play for - statistically 'above average' is good but says very little sadly. Could still be hail and storms that weekend. I remain hopeful - the trend remains for a good start to summer.

Edited by frostypaw