Weather thread 2015

Swine_Glasto2014

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

The only time I have been to Glastonbury was in 2013 and the weather was superb for pretty much the whole festival so I will be expecting the same again this year. I think I must be good luck as the two times I have been to T in the Park, the weather has been good also & If I can be good luck to the weather in Scotland then I must be blessed! :beach:

2013 was perfect. The rain on Thursday night stopped the dust. Last year was okay, but the Saturday was a bit of chore. Just remember getting increasingly agitated as it kept coming down and not being able to find shelter. But, like I said it was only the one day that was a bit wrong. The electrical storm on Friday didn't really give me too much bother.

Ah, the weather thread. That time again already. We'll be checking TV schedules for countryfile before you know it.

I always like to look at the met office visual satellite imagery for a few weeks in the run up to the festival. You get a feeling for the movement of the weather patterns and come the week of the festival you have a pretty clear view of what the weather will do. I've happily attended 2 years with no wet weather gear whatsoever on the basis of my belief (2010 and 2013, of which one was dry and the other it only rained Thursday evening with little ill effect) and never been caught without in any others.

2013 was perfect. The rain on Thursday night stopped the dust. Last year was okay, but the Saturday was a bit of chore. Just remember getting increasingly agitated as it kept coming down and not being able to find shelter. But, like I said it was only the one day that was a bit wrong. The electrical storm on Friday didn't really give me too much bother.

2010 was perfect! If it's anything like that year then we're in for a treat

As long as you have wellies and a waterproof packed the rest will take care of itself.

Wellies?! God no! Gaiters and Walking Boots (that are water proof obviously :P). 2011 wasn't even that bad for rain but having to walk around in wellies killed me.

I am betting on 2010 style weather this year, we will be hunting for the bits of shade! Glorious!