Lineup 2016

Matt42

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tbf I assume most bands mentioned in here who I've never listened to are shit pop-punk bands. I then wait to see if JAN likes them or Andre posts a setlist prediction for them to confirm my assumption.

I posted like 2 setlist predictions :lol:

I also have no idea who Twenty One Pilots are, though.

Tbf I assume most bands mentioned in here who I've never listened to are shit pop-punk bands. I then wait to see if JAN likes them or Andre posts a setlist prediction for them to confirm my assumption.

Can't deny that it is true

I also have no idea who Twenty One Pilots are, though.

LIES!

That was my original thinking, yeah  :P

But I do want to say that I've heard of Twenty One Pilots but I don't listen to them

If the position they were considered for this year is anything to go on you're miles off

Where would Macklemore have been considered for in 2013?

Twenty One Pilots are huge in the US already, will be massive here by this time next year 

Can see why folk may not like them, they will be huge though. For those unfamiliar - 

2 white rappers who dressed like the phonejacker to get people to notice them. One of them plays a piano over samples

Thats not quite true though is it, you seem to be completely unfamiliar with their work!

One raps every now and again, the other drums. I wouldnt say this is a rap song - 

...And indeed that is in no way representative of what they do. They do all sorts, which will be their appeal. Hip Hop, EDM stuff, Reggae twiged numbers, all out pop songs like the above

They are terrible I speak on behalf of rhat crowd

After watching for, at most, 4 minutes. Nice work, even for here!

As shitty a booking as it was, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis had a no. 1 single that had sold nearly a million copies in 2013.

Where's Twenty One Pilots' no. 1 single with nearly a million sales?

hwVkKHw.gif

You seem to have missed my point that I've said they will have a position next year that would seem surprising NOW. Come August 2016 it will seem a little less of a surprise.

No one had even heard of Maclemore at Reading 2013! We're already talking about this mob

You seem to have missed my point that I've said they will have a position next year that would seem surprising NOW. Come August 2016 it will seem a little less of a surprise.

No one had even heard of Maclemore at Reading 2013! We're already talking about this mob

But, from what I understand, you're saying that they'll surge in popularity inexplicably over the next year despite their latest album being already out and not seemingly set to release a huge single that would make their plight similar to M&RL. The only connection is that they seem to be vaguely similar styles of music. And of course people had heard of Macklemore - as I just said, Thrift Shop was a massive hit and they were already reaping the benefits of that.

But, from what I understand, you're saying that they'll surge in popularity inexplicably over the next year despite their latest album being already out and not seemingly set to release a huge single that would make their plight similar to M&RL. The only connection is that they seem to be vaguely similar styles of music. And of course people had heard of Macklemore - as I just said, Thrift Shop was a massive hit and they were already reaping the benefits of that.

They're not slightly similar in style to Macklemore, unless you have the smallest of musical minds, or indeed not listened beyond 1 or 2 songs (Edit- just noted you said vaugely, so I'll withdaw the accusation, they have as much in common with the Killers as Maclemore - this here number)

If they grow as quickly in the UK as they have in the US this year, they'll easily be able to fill a top 3 main stage slot. Don't forget that Thrift Store had already been out for 4 months before it even entered the UK charts. Promotion is everything, Twenty One Pilot have not even began to be promoted in the UK as yet. It will happen and they will be massive

Edited by Benj

Bants.

Bar those folk there! 

4th from top on the second stage there to subbing Reading in a year is good work. I suspect it was following that show that they were properly promoted in the UK, growth can be that quick

My point is as an act that would feature so prominently at Reading as opposed to completely unknown (although I'll admit) to never having heard of them (had heard Thrift Store, had no idea it was them)! The main reaction on here at the time of the Maclemore announcement was 'Who?'

With the crowds 21 pilots have been getting at Festivals in the US this summer, can easily see them high at Reading next year if they tour Europe late next summer. Only thing that would stop it is if they leave promotion here till early next year as opposed to late this and Play high up at US festivals instead of coming to Europe next year.

Edited by Benj