Lineup 2016

Matt42

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, leej7 said:

any thoughts on the strokes being a headliner? outside shout i know but no reason why they shouldn't be considered

only headlined in 2011 (well, co-headlined) and haven't exactly done much of interest since to warrant them returning. i guess the same could be said for Blink 182, but i don't see the same thing happening with The Strokes. awfully boring live anyway

37 minutes ago, oneoftherest said:

Brand New, Skepta, JME and Foals

That announcement would be better than last years first one for me.

Nah, Metallica, Refused and Run The Jewels from last year was really good for me

24 minutes ago, willutalk said:

So Metallica were confirmed on 26th November last year. Can we expect a similar timing of the fist announcement for 2016, or do we think that the lack of activity from Reading as a festival means a later announcement?

Well didn't they say that they were announcing on the day? I can't remember but it wasn't very long. Anyway I'm still suspecting it will be next week

2 minutes ago, justanothername said:

Well didn't they say that they were announcing on the day? I can't remember but it wasn't very long. Anyway I'm still suspecting it will be next week

Oh did they? 

I'd have thought that it'd be the kind of time to start getting the ball rolling anyway. So a small concise 3/4 band announcement would be good. A headliner, a sub, and an NME headliner and a headliner to one of the smaller stages I reckon. 

Usually appealing to different demographics to entice in all audiences.

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

only headlined in 2011 (well, co-headlined) and haven't exactly done much of interest since to warrant them returning. i guess the same could be said for Blink 182, but i don't see the same thing happening with The Strokes. awfully boring live anyway

Actually they weren't to bad at BST this year, they actually had some life to them. Still won't headline but they do seem to have got over themselves a bit.

2 hours ago, Callum_96 said:

Had an interview with Albert Hammond Jr tonight and he said the strokes were going into the studio next year for a week or 2 but that he just doesn't care about the band anymore and wants to focus more on his solo stuff. Really nice bloke though 

Shame about the strokes, if they headlined I would buy a ticket instantly. I saw Albert at Manchester recently, it was a great gig. Would love to see him play a solo set, prefer albert's solo stuff to Julian's personally. Albert's new album is so underrated.

Edited by CRW5252

43 minutes ago, peruvianjoco said:

What are the chances of Sum 41 playing this year, would literally make the festival for me 

Probs depends on what sort of state Derek is in by next year. They were fun when they first played whenever that was.

Can't see them being booked anywhere too high on the bill. Aren't Neck Deep basically the same band?