Lineup 2016

Matt42

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, lightning1000 said:

Who's the phantom down voter? "Don't like the chilli's eh? I'll show you!" Pathetic. 

That shit always happens. Forum-wide. I find that the worse the band is, the more likely you are to get a downvote for saying any little thing against a band than actual discussion. Like they know deep down you're right. :lol:

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

That shit always happens. Forum-wide. I find that the worse the band is, the more likely you are to get a downvote for saying any little thing against a band than actual discussion. Like they know deep down you're right. :lol:

Guess I better keep my opinions of the arctic monkeys to myself then 

Leeds are getting hit really hard by these but understandable if it's family stuff. Andre's gonna be gutted.

It's pretty badass that they've given the main stage slot to an unknown band to fill though. Love that kinda gesture. The band in question, Judas, seem a bit Catfish but I hope they do well.

20 hours ago, VCK said:

Seriously, what is the appeal of The Courteeners? I know people are desperate for another "great" Manchester band, and they seem like "proper lads", but music-wise they're just average landfill Indie that should have disappeared along with The Fratellis and The Pigeon Detectives. Although to be fair, at least those bands did have some catchy songs.

I'm from Manchester and would much prefer to be in one of the portaloos for an hour than watch them. 

Saw them support Stones Roses and that was the longest hour of my life. 

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Radiohead has to be the worst band ever then 

31 minutes ago, she bangs the drums said:

Fucks sake! Replaced them with some indie landfill, should have just given Slaves a longer set. 

Been a hard year for us at Leeds with cancellations and weather. 

The festival can add time onto the back of an act's set - as they did with Skindred - but they can't move forward an advertised start time for obvious reasons.

27 minutes ago, Nicklord said:

Radiohead has to be the worst band ever then 

If that is what my logic has proven then it's quite possibly correct.

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Leeds are getting hit really hard by these but understandable if it's family stuff. Andre's gonna be gutted.

It's pretty badass that they've given the main stage slot to an unknown band to fill though. Love that kinda gesture. The band in question, Judas, seem a bit Catfish but I hope they do well.

I was absolutely gutted, man. The one band I've been waiting all weekend to see, as well. But like you've said, family issues are understandable. 

They should have let You Me At Six play the slot instead of being on The Pit :P 

Going purely by the BBC coverage and not actually being there:

Foals totally smashed it, and you'd be a fool to think they don't deserve to headline after that.

RHCP are even more past it than they were in 2007. I appreciate that their live show isn't about gimmicky stuff and they just keep it simple and play their songs, but lifeless, again.

Biffy Clyro look more of an experienced headline act this time around, good set.

Fall Out Boy and Disclosure both put on good shows despite me not being a fan of either. Not sure about those dancers for Fall Out Boy though.

The Courteeners are shit, most overrated band in the country and Liam Fray is a talentless hack. The Vaccines should have been left in 2012. Imagine Dragons, Boy Better Know, Chvrches and Eagles of Death Metal all looked good. Nas was performing in front of the wrong crowd.

14 minutes ago, peruvianjoco said:

Girlfriend went to Leeds today - she doesn't know a lot of bands tbf but went to check out Slaves.

She said she hated them and found them violent and scary... looks like its time to find a new girlfriend...

One who hates Slaves on the valid terms

So much hate for chili's on here, really don't get that.. I thoroughly enjoyed them. Excellent set list. Don't think I've ever seen parallel universe live, so that's another off my list.

Crowd were going nuts for them all around me as well. Josh lacks the majesty of John, but he's doing better than the last tour imo. Wish they'd actually played the full 2 hour slot they were given and added an extra 2 songs in. But that's a minor niggle.

Parkway were awesome (gutted for leeds), as were skindred. Caught YMA6 as well, who are hitting the point of overrated now imo. Poor set list. But in their defence i was so drunk at that point i needed a nap by the cocktail bar for an hour afterwards lol so i may remembering it incorrectly.

Edited by 6daviesdr

Just got back from Leeds for the day. Thought the Chili's were ace tbh, everyone seemed to be loving it around me too. Really, REALLY don't get the whole Courteeners thing. Saw a bit of EODM who I loved but left early to go and catch Bill Bailey, didn't expect Brent Hinds from Mastodon to be on stage with EODM!

All in all a great day, just wish they'd be better prepared for Mud in certain areas. I know they couldn't do much about it but at least on the big hill you walk down in the campsite put some gridding down, saw many people almost fall flat on their face/arse when entering and leaving cause it was so slippery.

9 hours ago, Yellow_Fellow said:

hopefully like a ton of bricks and they're never asked to return

They ain't going away, they'll be headlining UK fests before too long. :)

1 hour ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

Pretty well. Decent sized crowd, the guys down the front seemed to be loving it.

Good.