Lineup 2016

Matt42

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm assuming that image confirms YM@6?

Also, just watched a few minutes of Crystal Castles' set and it was jolly dreadful; Edith's vocals are far too clean to suit the fact that she categorically cannot sing so rather than adding atmosphere it just sounds like drunk caterwauling

I'm a very big fan and I really enjoyed the new album (probably more so than III) but that was embarrassing; when Alice Glass launches her solo career she is going to wipe the floor with them, frankly

Eh I watched it too and thought it was pretty good. I gave the vocals a bit of a free pass because watching the BBC footage generally sounds different to the intended live show on every festival they cover. Main problem I could see was that in the past they had the place going mental and while some seemed into it, most were standing around waiting and bored.

Besides, plenty of people used to say Glass couldn't sing either. And if her solo career is anything like that song that came out the start of 2015 then it a) won't be much good and b) won't come.

2 hours ago, CRW5252 said:

Where was everyone for Whitneys set? Great performance, dead crowd.

Reading/Leeds always manage to bag these ace acts but the crowds are more often than not shite for them. Few acts on this years lineup that I would've loved to have seen but I bet most of them were pretty poorly attended

Seriously, what is the appeal of The Courteeners? I know people are desperate for another "great" Manchester band, and they seem like "proper lads", but music-wise they're just average landfill Indie that should have disappeared along with The Fratellis and The Pigeon Detectives. Although to be fair, at least those bands did have some catchy songs.

Edited by VCK

On 26 August 2016 at 8:14 PM, dentalplan said:

Honestly, that fucking hand sign. I realise now that they booked 21P on the NME because they're gonna give them a high main slot next year.

Yup, they are growing in popularity. I reckon they'l either sub or be co-headlining / headlining in the future

seem to be good live too

Edited by Matt42

Not sure how it came accross on telly but Chilis went down very well from where I was standing.Huge crowd,all seemed to be enjoying.

I know they're not everyone cup of tea but there is a hell of a lot of people who still love them.

Was a good day in general today.Clutch,Skindred, Slaves, EODM,Giraffe Tounge Orchestra, Part of Kaverlatek, Slaves secret set, Chilis, caught end of Mastodon as well as a bonus.

Roll on tomorrow.

Was there on the Friday and Foals set was bloody amazing. Disclosure was good - although you're always going to have those people that just chant Whoomp there it is throughtout the whole set. 

Blossoms looked decent on iplayer, filling up the whole tent plus more only 3 weeks after their album came out. I saw them on the introducing stage the day before, and it sounded better than it does on iplayer.