Lineup 2016

Matt42

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, BeddingatReading said:

What I heard is that R&L already had FOB in to co/head the same day with Foals, but due to their schedule they couldn't do it, so they had to bring in Disclosure for that day at short notice. It was originally supposed to be FOB/Foals coheadlining with Chilis and Guns N Roses headlining in their own right apparently but the GNR deal didn't work out so they had to get FOB again but on another day, along with Biffy. 

It's plausible, FOB and Reading fit like a glove, plus they have a more than enough toured and sold to be offered it. They have easily worked their way up to it and if some others are co-headers then it's a no brainer! It explains Reading tryingredients at least to go bigger.

More to the point, if this is true then Reading didn't want the no give Foals outright heading generally which probably explains why Disclosure are higher there than anywhere else. ASAP Rocky having to sacrifice his set length due to themy giving Biffy more time but not taking anything they have promised FOB away. Should have just booked one less band on main.

2 hours ago, BeddingatReading said:

How are you so in the know that you can shut down everyone's theories?  Genuine question, if you know something give us your source. 

He's not, he knows fuck all about exactly that but if what you say isn't what he thinks then that's it.

On 24/08/2016 at 5:49 PM, VCK said:

So Fall Out Boy, despite being billed as headliners, are just playing a standard sub-headline set after all.

Also I still maintain that they should have, and could have easily, gone for the Roses instead of just getting Biffy back so soon after they last headlined. But oh well.

How do you know they didn't? They may well have 'gone for' both The Roses and GNR, and failing to get them lead to the believable situation of having to move FOB after they'd told them they'd be co-headlining into a slot where in reality they aren't and then come up with the cockamamey five headliner bollocks.

On 24/08/2016 at 6:37 PM, Gozpot said:

Fall Out Boy are getting a co-headliner length set, just they aren't closing either site. They aren't subbing, regardless of if they should be or not.

There is no defined co-headliner or sub set length, some subs have got longer than co-headliners in the past. Whether you consider them co-headliners or not depends on how much you buy into FRs PR; I suppose technically if the organisers want to bill and advertise them as co-headliners then they are, but in reality they don't fill the one main criteria of a co-headliner at a duel site - alternating the top two spots. 

Anyway here's what I came here for, bit late but:

HOPE EVERYONE GOING HAS A LOVELY TIME THIS YEAR!

30 minutes ago, 6daviesdr said:

That Biffy/Brand New arena tour in December looks amazing!

Zero regrets about not going on sunday now :)

That it does! £46 in Cardiff is very steep though.

Also, didn't Neil say in the Glastonbury section at some point that the band Reading were chasing that fell through was Radiohead?

man i would've gone ape at the prospect of a Biffy/Brand New show like eight years ago. still waiting on this new BN album and tour

16 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Also, didn't Neil say in the Glastonbury section at some point that the band Reading were chasing that fell through was Radiohead?

aye he did, but that just doesn't seem right to me and i think his info may be a bit off there - it took Reading/Leeds until 2009 to book Radiohead for the first time, where their crowd wasn't gigantic, so i don't see them being rebooked so soon, if ever again

Radiohead (although a personal favourite) just aren't the demographic I think the festival is aiming to move towards. I may be wrong but there's much more influence on indie/pop rock in recent years lineups to appeal to school leavers. Although FOB have been slated by people on this forum as a headliner, (really not a fan of FOB at all), I was on a train speaking to people going to the fest and at least half said FOB were in their top acts to see... I just don't think radiohead have a wide enough appeal, especially as they'd have been up against 1975 in NME, the tent wouldn't be big enough imo

1 hour ago, 6daviesdr said:

That Biffy/Brand New arena tour in December looks amazing!

Zero regrets about not going on sunday now :)

It's pricey but you will get their whole stage show and it's a bit less than half the distance if I was going to Leeds and more so at Reading. Plus being shorter I'll get a chance to actually see the band although I wouldn't turn up with intent to see Brand New.

38 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

man i would've gone ape at the prospect of a Biffy/Brand New show like eight years ago. still waiting on this new BN album and tour

aye he did, but that just doesn't seem right to me and i think his info may be a bit off there - it took Reading/Leeds until 2009 to book Radiohead for the first time, where their crowd wasn't gigantic, so i don't see them being rebooked so soon, if ever again

Yeah inclined agree with you here, for the bottom section anyway.

That RHCP tour too. Ticket look like they are £70 plus fees according to ticketmaster! WOW.

Hopefully that's just the fan presale ones that include the album and actual ticket are £60 instead.

I'll be going to one london and one birmingham date, as well as reading tomorrow anyway :D

53 minutes ago, 6daviesdr said:

That RHCP tour too. Ticket look like they are £70 plus fees according to ticketmaster! WOW.

Hopefully that's just the fan presale ones that include the album and actual ticket are £60 instead.

I'll be going to one london and one birmingham date, as well as reading tomorrow anyway :D

Fuck that.....even at £60.

I'll get a ticket for Biffy in Birmingham probably but even at £45.....hopefully seetickets will be slightly cheaper is a bit steep. Kind of wish I just went on the last tour at nearly a tenner cheaper as this album really isn't anything decent. Almost tempted to try and get close enough seats and turn up later avoiding Brand New too.

1 hour ago, 6daviesdr said:

their european tour has been around 60-80 pounds so im not surprised but it is stupid. 

i remember walking away from the show disappointed after i'd paid £40 for a RHCP ticket ten years ago - imagine paying double that. Babymetal as a support act is pretty funny though. when i saw them we had !!! as a support who, although are a good band, were a strange choice who understandably went down like a sack of shit with the crowd

Planning on going to Biffy and Brand New but I'd rather just have a separate Brand New tour as I think they'll be a bit naff in the arena support slot but I was planning on seeing Biffy anyway and even though it's £40 Brand New makes up for it so I'm going to try to go for it.

Also RHCP at £77 with fees (and knowing ticketmaster they'll charge for other things making it around £80) is ridiculous. Could have seen them at R&L for the day and got way more acts for less. 

24 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Fuck that.....even at £60.

I'll get a ticket for Biffy in Birmingham probably but even at £45.....hopefully seetickets will be slightly cheaper is a bit steep. Kind of wish I just went on the last tour at nearly a tenner cheaper as this album really isn't anything decent. Almost tempted to try and get close enough seats and turn up later avoiding Brand New too.

Brand New are the better band

17 minutes ago, justanothername said:

Also RHCP at £77 with fees (and knowing ticketmaster they'll charge for other things making it around £80) is ridiculous. Could have seen them at R&L for the day and got way more acts for less. 

Yeah i know, it's daft. The glasgow date has some tickets available from £50 apparently. So i'll have to wait and see.

Still its probably going to cost me near £350 next week for 4 chili's ticket and one for biffy. byeee money :'(

2 hours ago, justanothername said:

Planning on going to Biffy and Brand New but I'd rather just have a separate Brand New tour as I think they'll be a bit naff in the arena support slot but I was planning on seeing Biffy anyway and even though it's £40 Brand New makes up for it so I'm going to try to go for it.

Brand New are the better band

Why not go to RHCP for £60 then?

Better band is all opinions etc so I won't say you're wrong.

2 hours ago, 6daviesdr said:

Yeah i know, it's daft. The glasgow date has some tickets available from £50 apparently. So i'll have to wait and see.

Still its probably going to cost me near £350 next week for 4 chili's ticket and one for biffy. byeee money :'(

But those £50 tickets will be rubbish seats which are still too much. The Cure was only £25 for their cheapest seats on their upcoming tour.

47 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Why not go to RHCP for £60 then?

Better band is all opinions etc so I won't say you're wrong.

Because I didn't want to see RHCP? I was making the point about how extortionate the price is for their tour not about wanting to see them. If I was at Leeds this year I still wouldn't have seen them as Mastodon are on at the same time and I wouldn't even see RHCP for £30. 
And yes better bands are all opinion and my opinion is that Brand New are better. What's the problem?

I mean, I guess you guys might be saying those Biffy tickets are steep relative to times you've seen Biffy before but for a band headlining festivals who've been around as long as they have with a massive support act in tow it actually seems less than I'd expect. Only arena show I can recall paying less than that would be QOTSA and that was their first arena tour, whereas Biffy are on their third or something.

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I mean, I guess you guys might be saying those Biffy tickets are steep relative to times you've seen Biffy before but for a band headlining festivals who've been around as long as they have with a massive support act in tow it actually seems less than I'd expect. Only arena show I can recall paying less than that would be QOTSA and that was their first arena tour, whereas Biffy are on their third or something.

wasnt kasabian more like 35/40 on the 48:13 tour and theyre bigger than biffy.

16 minutes ago, Muppetmark said:

wasnt kasabian more like 35/40 on the 48:13 tour and theyre bigger than biffy.

I'm sure you could find smaller bands charging more as well. But yeah, that's a decent price and Biffy charging a negligible amount more should mean their prices aren't too bad either.

I normally expect between £50-£70 personally but if someone was to go to loads of arena gigs that are £30 a pop - stuff like Foals and Vampire Weekend - then these might seem pricy.

Just now, FloorFiller said:

were Brand New supporting?

Tbf I think Maccabees supported that one. :P