Lineup 2016

Matt42

So Fall Out Boy, despite being billed as headliners, are just playing a standard sub-headline set after all.

Also I still maintain that they should have, and could have easily, gone for the Roses instead of just getting Biffy back so soon after they last headlined. But oh well.

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, VCK said:

So Fall Out Boy, despite being billed as headliners, are just playing a standard sub-headline set after all.

Also I still maintain that they should have, and could have easily, gone for the Roses instead of just getting Biffy back so soon after they last headlined. But oh well.

Yup. I love how I got down voted for saying the same thing :L :L. It's amusing at least.

47 minutes ago, VCK said:

Fall Out Boy are getting a co-headliner length set, just they aren't closing either site. They aren't subbing, regardless of if they should be or not.

12 minutes ago, theevilfridge said:

Because you both know exactly what went on behind the scenes when booking the headliners? There's so many reasons they might not have booked The Stone Roses other than 'Let's just call Biffy and be done with it' that it's not worth listing them.

I don't, and I never said I did. Who knows why they didn't? But I can't help but feel that getting Biffy was a last resort, as bands headlining just three years after the previous time is very rare.

1 minute ago, Gozpot said:

Fall Out Boy are getting a co-headliner length set, just they aren't closing either site. They aren't subbing, regardless of if they should be or not.

I guess so, but some subs have had 1 hr 15 minutes in the past, The Libertines in 2010 and 30 Seconds To Mars in 2011.

I would imagine they would be getting paid the same as Biffy hence their headliner status.

11 minutes ago, VCK said:

I guess so, but some subs have had 1 hr 15 minutes in the past, The Libertines in 2010 and 30 Seconds To Mars in 2011.

Surely if that's true then both Foals and Disclosure are in the same boat as they only have 1 hour 15 minutes?

It's complete bullshit how they've got 5 headliners but i think that's evidence of how downhill these festivals are going and how they struggle to attract the major acts now.

Edited by Gozpot

51 minutes ago, VCK said:

I don't, and I never said I did. Who knows why they didn't? But I can't help but feel that getting Biffy was a last resort, as bands headlining just three years after the previous time is very rare.

For all we know the reason Biffy are back is because they tried their hardest to get the Roses and it didn't happen. Rather than being something they could and should have done 'easily'.

Anyway, yeah, have a fab time people. My first no-show since 2009 :(. I hope Victorious is good to make up for it!

2 hours ago, Gozpot said:

They are indeed, but as VCK said below, they are getting what some subs have before which happens to be the same length. Fall Out Boy are in no way now co-headlining.

2 hours ago, VCK said:

I would imagine they would be getting paid the same as Biffy hence their headliner status.

I agree, regardless of The Stone Roses at all we know it was a last resort as Neil said something bigger was originally lineup up he got the feeling of or was told.

Personally I don't think The Roses would do it as I feel they'll do Glasto next year and probably some London based shows, which would be harder if they did R&L this year (4 shows being very close to Leeds and Reading/London close).

I don't think there is anything set 100% on the time of a sub as you say, it just happens to be that when a co-header is booked it's been the standard 1:15.

1 hour ago, theevilfridge said:

For all we know the reason Biffy are back is because they tried their hardest to get the Roses and it didn't happen. Rather than being something they could and should have done 'easily'.

Anyway, yeah, have a fab time people. My first no-show since 2009 :(. I hope Victorious is good to make up for it!

Which would make them a last resort as he said.

What I heard is that R&L already had FOB in to co/head the same day with Foals, but due to their schedule they couldn't do it, so they had to bring in Disclosure for that day at short notice. It was originally supposed to be FOB/Foals coheadlining with Chilis and Guns N Roses headlining in their own right apparently but the GNR deal didn't work out so they had to get FOB again but on another day, along with Biffy. 

Funnily enough, we heard Disclosure and Foals were headlining different nights back in October and then the next month we were told they were headlining together. I can imagine chasing GNR might have somehow led to this set of headliners but those two were probably locked in already. And I don't believe Fall Out Boy's schedule meant they could only play Fri/Sun rather than Fri/Sat.

16 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Funnily enough, we heard Disclosure and Foals were headlining different nights back in October and then the next month we were told they were headlining together. I can imagine chasing GNR might have somehow led to this set of headliners but those two were probably locked in already. And I don't believe Fall Out Boy's schedule meant they could only play Fri/Sun rather than Fri/Sat.

Well they're in Scotland on the Saturday, that's what made me believe that. 

1 hour ago, Yellow_Fellow said:

you heard hearsay and lies

How are you so in the know that you can shut down everyone's theories?  Genuine question, if you know something give us your source.