Lineup 2016

Matt42

7 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Nah, they couldn't easily co-headline. Their stock has fallen a lot since that sub slot in 2013. They'd make a decent NME headliner, sure. But nothing more. Not now. 

What makes you say that? They headlined Pukkelpop this year, subbed T and probably other European festivals that I haven't looked at. They're clearly still big enough to sub or headline other festivals and if this new album goes well they're more than capable, especially if someone like Disclosure headlined this year - I'm not saying Disclosure deserve to be in the spot they're in but if they can do it C&S easily can IMO

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Foals/Disclosure said:

The Arena at Leeds is set to open at 10, rather than 11, at Leeds this year. Probably means that Frank Turner is on at 11 and Frank Carter is on at 12 

I don't think that'll be the case. That'd mean there are seven bands playing main between 1 and 11. Not to mention the other stages that can barely fill out the 11 hours as it is.

1 minute ago, hamishrankin said:

R&L have tweeted "Set times to be announced on the RandL on the mobile apps very very soon!" 

Is it usually announced on the app exclusively before anything else? Has this happened before, if so when has it been announced?

Was just about to ask this as I couldn't remember if they'd used the app before. I'm hoping that they'll just release times across all stages on the app rather than the one stage a day bollocks they've done in the past. 

I've been flicking through the app/website and looking at the band listing page and I've seen that they've listed Chilis as a festival exclusive. Anyone know what they mean by that? Surely false advertising if they're trying to imply it's their only festival of the summer, it's not even their only UK festival as they headlined T in The Park. 

19 minutes ago, BeddingatReading said:

I've been flicking through the app/website and looking at the band listing page and I've seen that they've listed Chilis as a festival exclusive. Anyone know what they mean by that? Surely false advertising if they're trying to imply it's their only festival of the summer, it's not even their only UK festival as they headlined T in The Park. 

Nah its not. They are saying they're a England and Wales festival exclusive. which they are.

Fairly standard bullshit advertising we're used to from reading by now.

11 minutes ago, 6daviesdr said:

Nah its not. They are saying they're a England and Wales festival exclusive. which they are.

Fairly standard bullshit advertising we're used to from reading by now.

What it says though is "festival exclusive", no mention of England/Wales. What that implies to me and probably most people reading is that this is their only festival. It doesn't bother me personally as I was always going to go and I'm not a huge Chilis fan but I think it's a cheap and sneaky way to sell tickets 

2 hours ago, BeddingatReading said:

What it says though is "festival exclusive", no mention of England/Wales. What that implies to me and probably most people reading is that this is their only festival. It doesn't bother me personally as I was always going to go and I'm not a huge Chilis fan but I think it's a cheap and sneaky way to sell tickets 

I don't disagree, it's the same bullshit avertising ways they've had for some time now. To be fair they do normally say English exclusive if that's all they are. Someone must have dropped the ball this time, or just couldn't be bothered to edit it pist the TITP announcement.

But anyway, that's what they mean by it.

30 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

£213 for a weekend ticket. 
£20 for an earlybird ticket.
£5.50 for refund policy...

...yet set times will be released on the app, on Wednesday, the day many attendees will leave for the festival without their phones. 

Feel lucky, Titp doesn't even release set times, so you have go pay for a guide to find out the times.

To be honest, last few years they have given Main Stage times on Monday but smaller stages haven't been released until Wednesday so as long as they release them for all of the stages it isn't going to make much difference from recent times, though would have been nice to a know them earlier and also confirm who is playing last for definite on joint headliner nights

2 hours ago, JSmurphy said:

£213 for a weekend ticket. 
£20 for an earlybird ticket.
£5.50 for refund policy...

...yet set times will be released on the app, on Wednesday, the day many attendees will leave for the festival without their phones. 

Also you can buy a lanyard at the festival with set times

Just now, Stuielooie said:

A shame that these will be extortionately expensive and will only really be needed by those who've already paid £20 to be there on the Wednesday, since all the times will be online and free by Thursday. They'll probably go ahead and release the times at 7 or 8pm on Wednesday too just to guarantee the majoirty of Wednesday goers don't have the times.  

34 minutes ago, Stuielooie said:

Lanyards are crap for scheduling anyway. Tells you when bands start but doesn't allow you to create a timetable for the day based on what you like.

At best it'll give you a basic idea of when your unmissable bands start. Clash finders are the best, but they're useless until official times are out.

There's some "news" tonight on Hugh Stevens radio 1 programme - probably not anything too exciting, probably some late night crap I'm assuming, obviously won't announce a "secret" set as that won't be secret, unlikely but maybe another band and that's why it's taken so long for the stage times... We'll see