Lineup 2016

Matt42

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

What if it's not true? Are they only headliners if they do a secret set?

well no, but it only just occurred to me that with a new album they could probably be bumped up to co-headliner rather than the sub position that many have been assuming (or maybe it was just me assuming sub would be highest for them)

Edited by FloorFiller

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

well no, but it only just occurred to me that with a new album they could probably be bumped up to co-headliner rather than the sub position that many have been assuming (or maybe it was just me assuming sub would be highest for them)

Not sure if this is right, but aren't the headline acts booked in Autumn/Winter at the latest? Surely before booking them, they'd want to see the success of said album? If it flops that would be a shite booking

2 minutes ago, Stuielooie said:

Not sure if this is right, but aren't the headline acts booked in Autumn/Winter at the latest? Surely before booking them, they'd want to see the success of said album? If it flops that would be a shite booking

Could the same not then be said about Biffy? They were announced before their latest album was released. Obviously they'd previously headlined but there was quite a bit of pressure on this album to deliver.

1 minute ago, Stuielooie said:

it's hardly gonna flop - their last album got to number one and they're a rising act in the UK. the same could've been said for Foals this year, who's album only reached 3, yet are still co-headlining. the co-headline thing may seem like a bit of a cop out sometimes, but for acts like this who probably aren't quite there to step up to headline yet it's ideal

26 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I called YMAS co-headlining a couple of months ago :ninja: 

I'm expecting these dates to sell well and then a short arena run in 2017. 

That said, I'd be happy with them getting that slot. They've worked their asses off touring for the best part of a decade now and they've just got bigger and bigger. Their first album will always be a favourite of mine so I'd like to see them bring a few of those songs back into the setlist, perhaps not as many as they played at Slam Dunk, but The Truth Is A Terrible Thing, Gossip, The Rumour, Save It For The Bedroom and Jealous Minds Think Alike. 

Edited by Andre91

37 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I dunno. I mean they're playing to big enough crowds that they should probably be given a go but if you look at these pop-punk/post-hardcore acts that are always figuring in the upper reaches of the line up, none of them are really moving up the bill quickly. For instance, Paramore subbed twice before they got their shot. Might be that the oldie ones like fucking Blink-182 are the only ones considered to have a broad enough appeal to headline.

8 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I dunno. I mean they're playing to big enough crowds that they should probably be given a go but if you look at these pop-punk/post-hardcore acts that are always figuring in the upper reaches of the line up, none of them are really moving up the bill quickly. For instance, Paramore subbed twice before they got their shot. Might be that the oldie ones like fucking Blink-182 are the only ones considered to have a broad enough appeal to headline.

yeah i guess, but just thinking in terms of acts they could pair with Royal Blood (who i think will definitely be co-headlining) they seem as good of a guess as any at this point, although they could well pull something out of absolutely nowhere like they did Fall Out Boy this year

39 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

yeah i guess, but just thinking in terms of acts they could pair with Royal Blood (who i think will definitely be co-headlining) they seem as good of a guess as any at this point, although they could well pull something out of absolutely nowhere like they did Fall Out Boy this year

I've been going with Major Lazer and I'm sticking with that for now. Think they'll be in a similar place to Disclosure by next Summer.

Just throwing it out there. Believe what you want. I've heard that there is going to be a secret set, however, no names we mentioned. BUT, a certain band was hinted at which have been mentioned in this thread. Not saying who though. 

2 hours ago, Jud8 said:

Just throwing it out there. Believe what you want. I've heard that there is going to be a secret set, however, no names we mentioned. BUT, a certain band was hinted at which have been mentioned in this thread. Not saying who though. 

Imagine craving attention enough to lie about being told about a secret set, making it so ambiguous that any secret set will make it look like you were telling the truth, and even mentioning in the post that you won't share who it is. Jesus christ.

And it isn't going to be Terrorvision.

2 hours ago, Will-2609 said:

Imagine craving attention enough to lie about being told about a secret set, making it so ambiguous that any secret set will make it look like you were telling the truth, and even mentioning in the post that you won't share who it is. Jesus christ.

And it isn't going to be Terrorvision.

Lol chill out mate. I said I heard for a start. Why are you so angry haha. Also, how can I say who it is if I don't know myself? Catfish and the Bottlemen were the band I think were hinted at. But hence why I said 'no names were mentioned', I probably should've put directly. Anyway, I can't be asked to argue, believe what you want, we'll soon find out. Goodbye.

Edited by Jud8

I don't think they've been mentioned yet but Chase & Status may be in for a shout for the secret set, they've got a tour out in the summer, new album and they could easily co/head next year considering they've already subbed a few years ago. They're in the country too that weekend as they're at Creamfields. Might be someone to consider at least. 

39 minutes ago, BeddingatReading said:

I don't think they've been mentioned yet but Chase & Status may be in for a shout for the secret set, they've got a tour out in the summer, new album and they could easily co/head next year considering they've already subbed a few years ago. They're in the country too that weekend as they're at Creamfields. Might be someone to consider at least. 

Nah, they couldn't easily co-headline. Their stock has fallen a lot since that sub slot in 2013. They'd make a decent NME headliner, sure. But nothing more. Not now. 

Edited by Andre91