Lineup 2016

Matt42

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, JSmurphy said:

Aye the excitement is really kicking in now. Just need those set times released so we can finally see those clashes.

Yes! Can't wait to watch a close friend get gaffa taped to a chair and get my tent pelted by semi-rotten tangerines on Sunday afternoon!

On August 15, 2016 at 9:25 AM, Stuielooie said:

I'm only going to Reading on the Friday, is wellys necessary? (If weather is fine?) As I went last year on the Saturday only and the only place I needed wellys was walking in to the arena after the day entry gate.

The fashion of wearing wellies whatever the weather at festivals is a relatively new thing!

In 19 Readings, so 57 days (of actual open arena) in total, I think I've worn wellies maybe 6-7 days at most  

Theyre really not necessary unless there's been a lot of heavy rain, esp as a day tripper as opposed to camper. 

That said, don't wear your best shoes!

36 minutes ago, justanothername said:

I'm good mates with the guys in The Wired, went to secondary with one of them and sixth form with the rest. Great guys. Would recommend them if you like stuff like Catfish and Courteeners.

That nearly sounded like 'THE HUNNA' facebook ad I keep getting.

Fan of Catfish? You'll love The Hunna!

Fan of Miley Cyrus? You'll love The Hunna!

I'll check The Wired out :)

2 minutes ago, BeddingatReading said:

I haven't got my tickets yet and I'm going away on Monday to see family and not coming home until after the festival. What happens if I don't get my tickets before then - is there somewhere to collect on site or do I have to go all the way home 

Probably best to contact your point of sale. See if they can arrange for your delivered to tickets to be cancelled and to instead collect them at the festival. I've done this when I've forgotten gig tickets before and they've arranged for a new set to be available for collection with ID. The earlier you do this the better as they can take time to respond. Try all channels (email, phone, twitter etc.)

1 hour ago, AndrewSmith said:

Probably best to contact your point of sale. See if they can arrange for your delivered to tickets to be cancelled and to instead collect them at the festival. I've done this when I've forgotten gig tickets before and they've arranged for a new set to be available for collection with ID. The earlier you do this the better as they can take time to respond. Try all channels (email, phone, twitter etc.)

Thanks, will do! Does anyone on here have a site map for Reading by the way? And one other thing does anyone find it odd that the stage times haven't come out? I use clashfinder and stuff but I'm sure last year the main stage was announced a few weeks prior to the festival. 

54 minutes ago, BeddingatReading said:

Thanks, will do! Does anyone on here have a site map for Reading by the way? And one other thing does anyone find it odd that the stage times haven't come out? I use clashfinder and stuff but I'm sure last year the main stage was announced a few weeks prior to the festival. 

They usually start rolling out the times from about Sunday/Monday before the festival starting with the Main Stage

6 hours ago, Benj said:

The fashion of wearing wellies whatever the weather at festivals is a relatively new thing!

In 19 Readings, so 57 days (of actual open arena) in total, I think I've worn wellies maybe 6-7 days at most  

Theyre really not necessary unless there's been a lot of heavy rain, esp as a day tripper as opposed to camper. 

That said, don't wear your best shoes!

14 Readings,zero wellies

(though this wasn't wise a few times)

8 hours ago, BeddingatReading said:

Any recommendations for bands to check out between bands on the smaller stages? (i.e Pit/Lockup, Introducing and FR)

Thrice,Kverletak,Arcane Roots.

One for each day for ya.

Also, Giraffe Tongue Orchestra might be interesting.'Supergroup' of Mars Volta,Dillinger, Mastodon and Alice in Chains members.