Lineup 2016

Matt42

Notice both websites have changed to "Foals / Disclosure" and "Fall Out Boy / Biffy Clyro" rather than what it had before where Foals and Biffy were on the line above. I guess they're gonna quietly lay out who plays last at whatever site and get a hammering on social media.

Edited by dentalplan

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Notice both websites have changed to "Foals / Disclosure" and "Fall Out Boy / Biffy Clyro" rather than what it had before where Foals and Biffy were on the line above. I guess they're gonna quietly lay out who plays last at whatever site and get a hammering on social media.

I would imagine it will be Foals headlining at Reading and Disclosure at Leeds.

it will definitely put me off buying a ticket if FoB are headlining at Leeds. 

1 hour ago, Will-2609 said:

How does taking out a headliner and replacing them with no one make it seem stronger?

Well you're familiar with averages, aren't you? Biffy are obviously a 10/10 band so all the bands below that level bring the average for the day down, so ideally there would be no bands on the same stage and day as Biffy. Fall Out Boy are, however, valuable because they're like an 8 and Foals and Disclosure are obviously 2 and 1 respectively so FOB bring that day's average up and therefore the whole line up.

3 hours ago, Will-2609 said:

How does taking out a headliner and replacing them with no one make it seem stronger?

Stronger for me is what i meant. Obviously on the whole it's missing an act. Tbh i would have preffered it again if they had dropped Disclosure to sub under Biffy and had Foals/FoB or even Foals as outright headliner and then Disclosure as a ''Closing Set'' or something, just looks ridiculous having 2 sets of co-headliners.

Should have just had Foals subbed by Disclosure and Biffy subbed by FOB imo, but made sure Foals were exclusive. They both work as pairs in terms of audience.

The 1975 could embarrass whoever they're up against. It'd have been a much better move to swap them and The Vaccines, I think; but we have no idea what each band's demands/wishes were.

A$AP > The 1975 > FOB > Biffy would have been a pretty strong day (Biffy the weakest booking there in terms of their position), and CHVRCHES > Disclosure > an exclusive Foals would also have been decent (looks weak on the poster atm having CHVRCHES effectively displayed as a sub).

8 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Should have just had Foals subbed by Disclosure and Biffy subbed by FOB imo, but made sure Foals were exclusive. They both work as pairs in terms of audience.

The 1975 could embarrass whoever they're up against. It'd have been a much better move to swap them and The Vaccines, I think; but we have no idea what each band's demands/wishes were.

A$AP > The 1975 > FOB > Biffy would have been a pretty strong day (Biffy the weakest booking there in terms of their position), and CHVRCHES > Disclosure > an exclusive Foals would also have been decent (looks weak on the poster atm having CHVRCHES effectively displayed as a sub).

I think that was likely the plan. Foals to headline but they didn't want them to move up to an solo headliner without being an exclusive.

Chvrches->Disclosure->Foals would have looked stronger and better planned out.

As for Biffy co-headlining, i have no idea what went on there. The 1975->FoB->Biffy and The Vaccines headlining NME would have seemed much better also, however i don't think they'd have put ASAP Rocky 4th down on Main.

2 minutes ago, The Ghost Of Eddie said:

I think that was likely the plan. Foals to headline but they didn't want them to move up to an solo headliner without being an exclusive.

Chvrches->Disclosure->Foals would have looked stronger and better planned out.

As for Biffy co-headlining, i have no idea what went on there. The 1975->FoB->Biffy and The Vaccines headlining NME would have seemed much better also, however i don't think they'd have put ASAP Rocky 4th down on Main.

He is 4th down on main tho... He may look higher on the poster because of the co-headliners but he's playing the same stage, slot and time length as he would be if he were 4th down with no co-headliners.

If not they could just fuck The Vaccines off and have him, Courteeners or CHVRCHES headline the NME instead (or just The 1975 :P - in reality them in that slot is a great booking and will go down brilliantly).

1 minute ago, Will-2609 said:

He is 4th down on main tho... He may look higher on the poster because of the co-headliners but he's playing the same stage, slot and time length as he would be if he were 4th down with no co-headliners.

If not they could just fuck The Vaccines off and have him, Courteeners or CHVRCHES headline the NME instead (or just The 1975 :P - in reality them in that slot is a great booking and will go down brilliantly).

True, i think that they wanted him to have his name bigger though, more mainstream appeal further up the line up. Biffy/The 1975 clash is painful, going to be tough to decide on that one. Should have definitely swapped The Vaccines and The 1975 about but i'm assuming that The 1975 must have requested to headline the tent or something.

6 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Well you're familiar with averages, aren't you? Biffy are obviously a 10/10 band so all the bands below that level bring the average for the day down, so ideally there would be no bands on the same stage and day as Biffy. Fall Out Boy are, however, valuable because they're like an 8 and Foals and Disclosure are obviously 2 and 1 respectively so FOB bring that day's average up and therefore the whole line up.

btw this was a joke and I am not and never have been a Biffy Clyro fan. Just need to clear that up for whoever downvoted it. I can deal with downvotes but being confused for a Biffy fan would be humiliating.

1 hour ago, peruvianjoco said:

This probably means nothing, but Catfish liked a tweet by some random guy talking about them doing the secret set...

Literally just saw this. Massive fan of the bottlemen. Surely this is significant considering most secret set acts (e.g. Foals last year) start dropping hints around a month before the festival. Also, had a discussion with some mates, why favourite this tweet? Out of all the tweets they get sent/tagged in. I don't know, I might be wrong. Have a strong feeling about this though.

19 minutes ago, AndrewSmith said:

Catfish are in Newcastle on the Saturday so it won't be then. I think it's unlikely unless they just do a smaller acoustic set on BBC introducing or something similar on the Friday or Sunday.

They could easily play Leeds on Fri and Reading on Sunday. Even a small full blown set in the middle of the day.