Lineup 2016

Matt42

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

After painfully reading that

I do understand it may be difficult for you to process something that isn't as incomprehensible at the nonsense you spew.

10 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

the festival is very much aimed at the school leaver and their big adventure away before college etc, this well known. 

I think the festival is aimed predominantly at young audiences, but caters to a range of audiences of different ages. Regardless, whether or not the festival is targetted at teenagers doesn't mean that Band X / Y / Z necessarily will appeal to them. There is a topic elsewhere in this section of users who are 20-50yrs who all still attend either Reading or Leeds. 

8 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

This is just getting pretty sad now.

I normally wouldn't be so knee-jerk but there aren't many things that irk me more than someone getting high and mighty that their music taste is far more mature than a 16 year olds. Taste is taste, but I used this site when I was 16 and would have been irritated reading that - so thought it was worth calling out. 

25 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

I normally wouldn't be so knee-jerk but there aren't many things that irk me more than someone getting high and mighty that their music taste is far more mature than a 16 year olds. Taste is taste, but I used this site when I was 16 and would have been irritated reading that - so thought it was worth calling out. 

That's before taking into account Gazza's music taste, too.

:ninja:

1 hour ago, JSmurphy said:

You admit that it is what the festival mainly aim it at but all me for it?!

I have never said it's far more mature!, that's you putting words there! I haven't said it is wrong or people can't like it, I said exactly what it is without saying everyone should have that view!

Wind your pissing kneck in lol and take it as the banter it was intended as to rival.

On 08/06/2016 at 10:54 AM, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

Clara on Radio 1 just said Against the Current are playing, not been announced have they? Quick scan of the poster says not. I mean, they're pretty guff so who cares but I thought I'd mention it.

Did anything ever come of this? Could be among the last bands to be announced.

Probably wrong. Like it's been said a few times, they don't usually have main stage announcements later than end of July and there's already been an end of July announcement so it's unlikely there'll be much else. The Futuresound winners were decided and they'll be going in at the bottom of the FR stage but that should really be it. The runners up will all be going on the BBC introducing stage so I guess that'll be announced imminently.

Potentially interesting; just looking to see if they've responded to anyone about more bands and they responded to someone asking who would close Reading out off Biffy and Fall Out Boy and they said "set times released soon"... so maybe there are surprises in store when it comes to that.

I haven't been paying attention to this forum this year but I have a question, why do White Room have such a high slot on the FR stage? They seem like a decent band but their following is smaller than pretty much all bands below them, just seems pretty odd...