Lineup 2016

Matt42

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 5 July 2016 at 8:46 PM, FloorFiller said:

christ, i know you can't judge full songs by little snippets, but this sounds terrible. they've somehow gone even more slick and streamlined. i'll wait until i hear the full product of course, but these snippets? bland. bland. bland.

is anybody even excited for this?

Though you're right about these just being snippets, I'm not convinced about the new sound. At least 5/6 of these tracks sound really very similar for a band of their calibre. A bit wishy-washy, a lack of distinction and character. It's a shame as after Opposites I thought that a top quality, fantastic successive release would help carry the momentum that this band were building, to possibly rise them to a Glastonbury headline set. I doubt that this has that required standard. Nevertheless it could be okay on full listen and could work well live but we'll have to see.

14 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Biffy's album has leaked for anybody interested

I think they did well to keep it hidden this long but I've seen a lot of people posting that they're received the album a day early so I guess that is the source of the leak. Waiting for my boxset to arrive tomorrow and I can't wait!!

8 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

as expected, new Biffy is pretty mediocre, treading the exact same formula they've been doing with their previous two albums. can't imagine even Biffy enthusiasts getting particularly excited about this

Wolves Of Winter is great live - the rest of it meh - I was disappointed at Exeter - the old stuff was loads better

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

as expected, new Biffy is pretty mediocre, treading the exact same formula they've been doing with their previous two albums. can't imagine even Biffy enthusiasts getting particularly excited about this

Think the reaction from most has been pretty good (I'm a big Biffy fan and part of a lot of the Facebook groups / forums). A lot of negative comments on the level on public appearances / 'exclusive' first plays of the singles on the radio this week but I guess that's just Biffy trying to go to the next level.

They've got some potentially big hits in there but also some rubbish that I'm not a fan of but I guess that pleasing the main stream isn't going to please a lot of the pre-puzzle fans.

4 hours ago, AndrewSmith said:

Think the reaction from most has been pretty good (I'm a big Biffy fan and part of a lot of the Facebook groups / forums). A lot of negative comments on the level on public appearances / 'exclusive' first plays of the singles on the radio this week but I guess that's just Biffy trying to go to the next level.

They've got some potentially big hits in there but also some rubbish that I'm not a fan of but I guess that pleasing the main stream isn't going to please a lot of the pre-puzzle fans.

i was a big fan of Puzzle, and even Only Revolutions had it's moments, but to me this just sounds really formulaic. any time it sounds like they're about to do something new or exciting, it disappears within seconds and it's back to the same old well worn terrain. their interviews made it sound like they were gonna experiment a bit with this album, but i think they're afraid to do so in fear of losing the exposure/fanbase they've gained

don't see this doing much in favour of them sticking at headliner status - no real big hitters or chart botherers. reckon it's a slow slip down lineups from hereon in

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

i was a big fan of Puzzle, and even Only Revolutions had it's moments, but to me this just sounds really formulaic. any time it sounds like they're about to do something new or exciting, it disappears within seconds and it's back to the same old well worn terrain. their interviews made it sound like they were gonna experiment a bit with this album, but i think they're afraid to do so in fear of losing the exposure/fanbase they've gained

don't see this doing much in favour of them sticking at headliner status - no real big hitters or chart botherers. reckon it's a slow slip down lineups from hereon in

yup - won't be surprised if they sub Glastonbury next year, then move onto headlining smaller festivals - giving bigger festivals a bit of a break

2 hours ago, Fast Drones said:

ten hours later, must still be listening to it

Hahaha it was poor. Almost entirely throwaway. After doing so I also listened to the RHCP album out of interest which was worse, but looking at their setlists they don't play that much of it. Still, neither outdid Bloc Party as the worst album I've heard this year.