Lineup 2016

Matt42

13 minutes ago, Foals/Disclosure said:

Foals and Biffy Clyro are big enough to be co-headliners, at least.

Biffy are big enough to be headliners outright, as they proved in 2013. The rest aren't headliners yet. Fall Out Boy have done more to deserve a headline slot than Foals have if you look at the success the bands have had over the years, regardless of your opinion on them both you can't deny that, despite Fall Out Boy's last album being absolute shite it still smashed the charts.

Edited by The Ghost Of Eddie

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

Reading is dire now but American Fest lineups this year are terrible too.

I think they are at least being a little bit more inventive though - Coachella reunited Guns n Roses, the same company are putting on Dylan, McCartney, etc, etc. Riot Fest reunited the Misfits, have heaps of bands playing albums in full, and also the last gig ever of MCS (maybe not the best example, but still something unique),

I'm not sure bumping a bunch of bands that aren't headliner size, is the same.

Even if they did bump up the headliners on the cheap, then why is the undercard so disappointing. What has happened?.

We are paying arguably one of the most expensive ticket prices throughout the world, and our line-up seems seriously lacking - and little space for anything else to come. :/

2 hours ago, The Ghost Of Eddie said:

Biffy are big enough to be headliners outright, as they proved in 2013. The rest aren't headliners yet. Fall Out Boy have done more to deserve a headline slot than Foals have if you look at the success the bands have had over the years, regardless of your opinion on them both you can't deny that, despite Fall Out Boy's last album being absolute shite it still smashed the charts.

Justin Beiber's last album was absolutely shite and smashed the charts, does that mean that he should headline ahead of bands working their way up R&L lineups, like Foals have?

Edited by Foals/Disclosure

1 minute ago, Foals/Disclosure said:

Justin Beiber's last album was absolutely shite and smashed the charts, does that mean that he should headline ahead of bands working their way up R&L lineups, like Foals have?

And Fall Out Boy havent played Reading plenty of times? Foals haven't done near as much as FOB have, using Bieber as an example is ridiculous, Fall Out Boy are the right type of music for Reading, unlike Bieber, If you headlined based on working your way up the line up then surely Frank Turner should be headlining above Foals.

4 hours ago, hamishrankin said:

New Strokes single out today, chance of them doing the secret set?

Don't see it myself. If we do get one it's more likely to be a UK based band unless it's a band that are touring Europe around that time. Expect someone like Royal Blood, Enter Shikari, Bring Me, You Me At Six, Alt-J. And that's if we even get a secret set, there's no guarantee.

4 minutes ago, The Ghost Of Eddie said:

Don't see it myself. If we do get one it's more likely to be a UK based band unless it's a band that are touring Europe around that time. Expect someone like Royal Blood, Enter Shikari, Bring Me, You Me At Six, Alt-J. And that's if we even get a secret set, there's no guarantee.

Hadn't thought of Royal Blood before but that's a great shout considering they're making new music and the album will be coming up to release by then I'm sure. I'm sure I saw something Rou from ES tweeted to someone when asked about Reading this year and I think his response was along the lines of 'Fuck off' - can't find it though so don't quote me on that!

1 hour ago, dylangraham said:

Edit - I love RHCP, but this is incredibly dull and forgettable. The album opener too - seems very weak

Yeah not amazing but I could happily listen to it, pretty chilled. Prefer it to Dark Necessities, just wish it progresses a little more as the song goes on but it doesn't really do much besides the end section. Also, hate the production of the drums . Always loved Chad's drumming but these last 2 songs it's like he's being restricted.

Half way through my first listen and I'm a fan already. It's not quite BSSM but let's face it, it was never gonna be. The first 2 tracks are very chill and good easy listening songs, but nothing special as of yet, but it's better than no new RHCP

On 27/05/2016 at 2:42 PM, hamishrankin said:

Also anyone heard the clip of the new Twin Atlantic track?

Hoping the rest of it doesn't sound like anything off Great Divide

Had the clip on repeat for the last day. Sounds great, didn't like Great Divide that much, apparently the band gave hints at their recent set in Glasgow that the new albums is going to be towards a more metalcore sound. That clip is better than anything on Great Divide, by far.

36 minutes ago, DrewT said:

There's definitely a secret set this year! :D 

https://twitter.com/OfficialRandL/status/736520299693346816

To be fair they never say there is one, they just say if they announced it then it wouldn't be a secret. Certainly implied though, don't understand why someone is asking who the secret set is before we even have the full line up.

11 hours ago, The Ghost Of Eddie said:

Had the clip on repeat for the last day. Sounds great, didn't like Great Divide that much, apparently the band gave hints at their recent set in Glasgow that the new albums is going to be towards a more metalcore sound. That clip is better than anything on Great Divide, by far.

What recent set was that? I was at the Hydro gig last May, have they been back since?

1 minute ago, hamishrankin said:

What recent set was that? I was at the Hydro gig last May, have they been back since?

According to Setlist.fm they played St.Lukes on Tuesday, played less known songs, a Biffy cover, a Blink-182 cover and did a metalcore riff for Heart & Soul, think that is where the speculation has come from.

Just now, hamishrankin said:

christ, just seen that, what a setlist! I'm from Glasgow so absolutely gutted i missed that. Didn't see anything on social media about that whatsoever???

I'd have happily travelled up from Essex to see that setlist! I didn't either, i only realised when i checked that the other day to see if they had played anything recently to get an idea of the setlist they might play at Download.

2 hours ago, JSmurphy said:

Radiohead secret set

shh