Lineup 2016

Matt42

39 minutes ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

I think Enter Shikari are a decent shout for a secret set especially seeing as the one festival they were playing was cancelled.

Yeah I would agree. A nice early afternoon slot on the NME would go down nicely. 

It isn't relevant to R&L, but speaking of secret sets, I'm expecting an ADTR appearance at Download with them playing the K! Awards on the Thursday immediately before Download. 

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just checked a few of my favourite bands off the Green Man festival line up.

King Gizzard, Suuns, Connan Mockasin, Battles and Dungen are all free for Leeds/Reading and are in the UK.

Possibilities?

3 minutes ago, DR OK said:

For those who said that Radiohead couldn't headline, Neil has said he had info to suggest they pulled out of reading late in the day for 2016. He did not say for a fact they did and it is not substantiated but there you go.

Was just about to post this in the 2017 thread. Devastating if true - wonder why they may have pulled out if info is accurate?

1 hour ago, mhm said:

Just checked a few of my favourite bands off the Green Man festival line up.

King Gizzard, Suuns, Connan Mockasin, Battles and Dungen are all free for Leeds/Reading and are in the UK.

Possibilities?

Go to Green Man if you wanna see bands playing Green Man. Generally very little crossover.

6 hours ago, hamishrankin said:

My point was that the website would suggest a rage reunion which as FloorFiller said, would be misleading, therefore for myself it would be disappointing. I shall remember to spell out every point I make so that's it's crystal clear for you Yellow_Fellow

The website www.prophetsofrage.com was misleading because - instead of a Rage Against the Machine reunion - it was for the band Prophets of Rage? :P

17 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Go to Green Man if you wanna see bands playing Green Man. Generally very little crossover.

The website www.prophetsofrage.com was misleading because - instead of a Rage Against the Machine reunion - it was for the band Prophets of Rage? :P

Christ...it was misleading cause it looked far more like a Rage reunion than Prophets of Rage

3 hours ago, Nicklord said:

Everyone figured out it has something to do with both Public Enemy and Rage after initial OMG OMG

The first thing I saw was the website, before I heard PE were anything to do with it, hence my own disappointment (I'm far more of a RATM fan than PE).

3 minutes ago, Yellow_Fellow said:

Eagles of Death Metal removed from Rock En Seine lineup because Jesse Hughes is a bellend, wonder if R&L will follow suit

Of course they won't. The remarks were directed at the French people and government. If they were gonna do that based on unrelated views then they may as well never have booked them as he's never been quiet about his iffy opinions on guns, religion, politics,  etc.

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Of course they won't. The remarks were directed at the French people and government. If they were gonna do that based on unrelated views then they may as well never have booked them as he's never been quiet about his iffy opinions on guns, religion, politics,  etc.

there's iffy opinions on guns, religion, politics, and there's;

"I saw Muslims celebrating in the street during the attack. I saw it with my own eyes. In real time! How did they know what was going on? There must have been coordination"

6 minutes ago, Yellow_Fellow said:

there's iffy opinions on guns, religion, politics, and there's;

"I saw Muslims celebrating in the street during the attack. I saw it with my own eyes. In real time! How did they know what was going on? There must have been coordination"

I know what he said. Have you seen the documentary about him? It's quite clear that if something like that happened, that a right wing, Christian fundamentalist gun nut would react this way if given a platform. Best to just dismiss it with everything else he says.

Also, when Tyler was barred from the country you had ideas on free speech that wouldn't really befit removing Eagles from the bill based on what yer man says.

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

Also, when Tyler was barred from the country you had ideas on free speech that wouldn't really befit removing Eagles from the bill based on what yer man says.

Quite a substantial difference between being barred from performing at a private event and entering an entire country and I think you know that 

Edited by Yellow_Fellow

4 minutes ago, Yellow_Fellow said:

Quite a substantial difference between being barred from performing at a private event and entering an entire country and I think you know that 

Of course but would you have stood behind R&L binning Tyler for perceived homophobic and sexually violent language?

Edited by dentalplan

R&L won't cancel EODM. However stupid, Jesse basically expressed a Republican view that is very common in America. I'm sure R&L will have booked acts over the years with similar views - it's just such a heated time at the moment that these views come into the public eye more often

1 hour ago, Yellow_Fellow said:

No because, again, there's perceived language and then there's what Hughes said. I would've been happy if Banks got dropped too. 

Fair enough man. Hope you know I'm not dismissing your point by any means, I'm just unsure personally where his comments fall between free speech and hate speech, I suppose.

15 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Fair enough man. Hope you know I'm not dismissing your point by any means, I'm just unsure personally where his comments fall between free speech and hate speech, I suppose.

I'd say he's crossed the line quite massively here (could you guess? :p), but I think the main point I'm trying to make is that while R&L do host him, it's probably not as welcoming a place for Muslim acts and fans, which is kinda shitty.