Lineup 2016

Matt42

On 12 May 2016 at 5:18 PM, Obiginnaw said:

Any ideas regarding secret set, how big an act can we expect? 

Probably someone who has been 3rd or 4th down on main in previous years or headlined NME who could sub or co-headline next year 

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

Dates? Nothing on either twitter

8th of July in York. Don't know about everywhere else, it might just be a one off but presumed it was a tour, might be wrong but got my ticket straight away. Only a small gig mind

5 hours ago, Stuielooie said:

5000 to 1

Same price as Leicester to win the league then. Might be worth a cheeky 10er ;)

Chances are the secret sets will just be people already at the festival to be honest. Jack Garratt and Frank Turner are two likely options.

42 minutes ago, JonSnow said:

Same price as Leicester to win the league then. Might be worth a cheeky 10er ;)

Chances are the secret sets will just be people already at the festival to be honest. Jack Garratt and Frank Turner are two likely options.

I don't agree with that, especially at Reading... there's been an act do a secret set for nearly each of the last 6 years that weren't already on the lineup.

2015 - Foals (NME)
2014 - Jamie T (Fest Rep)
2012 - Green Day (NME)
2010 - NOFX (Lockup)

In addition there are plenty of acts that perform a secret set elsewhere that are on the lineup...BBC Introducing always has them (last year was Wolf Alice, Jack Garratt and Peace).

I'm hopeful for another huge 'future headliner' secret act or even a Biffy secret acoustic set!

9 hours ago, oli98 said:

Rage Against the Machine / Public Enemy Collaboration by the look of things

Tom, Tim and Brad from RATM forming a supergroup with Chuck D of Public Enemy and B-Reel of Cypress Hill. Zach has no involvement. pretty disappointing and a bit shitty to clearly mislead people even if they haven't explicitly said anything about a RATM reunion

16 hours ago, AndrewSmith said:

I don't agree with that, especially at Reading... there's been an act do a secret set for nearly each of the last 6 years that weren't already on the lineup.

2015 - Foals (NME)
2014 - Jamie T (Fest Rep)
2012 - Green Day (NME)
2010 - NOFX (Lockup)

In addition there are plenty of acts that perform a secret set elsewhere that are on the lineup...BBC Introducing always has them (last year was Wolf Alice, Jack Garratt and Peace).

I'm hopeful for another huge 'future headliner' secret act or even a Biffy secret acoustic set!

Fair point. Im just struggling to think of which large band /future headliner could fill a secret set slot this year to be honest.

Tame Impala would be my first natural guess but they are in the USA during the festival. A band like Catfish or Royal blood could be an option though I guess.

17 hours ago, The Ghost Of Eddie said:

But don't you know nothing?

Already heavily regret this choice of screen name. Knew I should have gone with Hodor

1 hour ago, Yellow_Fellow said:

the band is very "rage" looking ffs

My point was that the website would suggest a rage reunion which as FloorFiller said, would be misleading, therefore for myself it would be disappointing. I shall remember to spell out every point I make so that's it's crystal clear for you Yellow_Fellow