Lineup 2016

Matt42

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, DownInAlbion said:

Quality band, VANT are on after them as well, going to be massive, check them out 

Oh don't worry, I know about them too. I just know that they'll clash with others, seemingly a theme of this year

Just now, Gozpot said:

Catfish would be lucky to sub next year. Disclosure are a joke of a headliner, we don't need them bumping up more acts before they've earned it

Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge Catfish fan, and I agree with you that I don't think they're ready to headline yet, but if Disclosure can do it, pretty sure FR would put Catfish up there as well. 

They won't put Catfish up there, they're popular, but not that popular, if any bands get pushed up to co-headline next year it'll be Royal Blood, they played third last year and with a new album FR might push them, Catfish aren't as popular as Royal Blood are, I don't think Royal Blood will get co-headline next year, but they're twice as likely as Catfish

8 minutes ago, DownInAlbion said:

Catfish won't co-headline off the back of two albums, they just won't. Saying that, I would be shocked if they don't play r&l next year, I think then they'd be perfect for a headline NME, in the same way the 1975 are 

I don't see how Disclosure can and Catfish can't though, someone explain that to me? Neither would be justified but it's possible. 

Disclosure have 3 albums I think? (Correct me if I'm wrong, not a fan) but anyway, they have more material than catfish will, they've been around longer and gozpot is right, they're only there to pull in a less rocky crowd. R&L seem to be going with Friday night headliner as a popier smaller band, Saturday as a big rock band and Sunday as whatever they can get their hands onto, I just don't see where catfish could fit into that, especially with like 20 songs in total. Maybe I'm wrong though, I don't think disclosure or FOB should be co-headliners and never would have guessed they would be, so what do I know 

don't think there'll be any co-headliners but I get the feeling that they'll try and put a spin on the standard '3' headliner situation. Closing set or some sort of 'special guest' slot idk

They just need 3 big/2 huge and 1 bump up set of headliners next year and stop all this pissing around.

Even if something shit (for me) like Radiohead - green day - daft punk/gorillas it'd look super strong.

Not gonna lie, I'd very much like to see either gorillas or daft punk, but not sure either would be great live tbh.

6 minutes ago, oneoftherest said:

Disclosure deserve to headline just as much as Foals, had more chart success, they've played arenas, what makes you.think Disclosure are not on the same level as Foals

I don't think people are saying they're not as big as foals, just that foals are more suited to a reading audience and they'll draw more of a crowd, and therefore they probably are less of a headliner than foals are