Lineup 2016

Matt42

To early to really be of much use, but a rough clashfinder based on last years times (plus a bit of adjustment for coheadliners and such) over here. 

I guess some stages will finish earlier again this year, not sure which ones though. 

Edited by MattDavies__
would've been helpful to include the link...

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, VCK said:

Also, if it's not been discussed already, Foals are top of the bill on the Leeds line-up page, so does this mean that they'll be closing both sites and Disclosure and Fall Out Boy will just be billed as 'co-headliners'?

Should just drop the co-headline thing altogether. Disclosure and Fall Out Boy as subs, Chvches and Vaccines third would make the line up look better.

2 minutes ago, VCK said:

Also, if it's not been discussed already, Foals are top of the bill on the Leeds line-up page, so does this mean that they'll be closing both sites and Disclosure and Fall Out Boy will just be billed as 'co-headliners'?

Hope not, cos I want to see Foals and Maximo. But it appears that way, and Disclosure vs Jack U makes no sense at all so I doubt they would do that. 

It is great to be back anyway I can not find my quote in the thread but I knew frank turner was going to play somewhere at reading festival this year to mark 10 years of reading festival appearance. Nas very good addition to the lineup but the rest pretty average and no bloc party!!!! And another thing I have decided not to go to reading this year crap line up made my decision for me

19 minutes ago, benus80 said:

It is great to be back anyway I can not find my quote in the thread but I knew frank turner was going to play somewhere at reading festival this year to mark 10 years of reading festival appearance. Nas very good addition to the lineup but the rest pretty average and no bloc party!!!! And another thing I have decided not to go to reading this year crap line up made my decision for me

although i love you benus, i have to disagree. i'd pick 2016 out of these three every time

RL-2014-Line-up_810.png

ReadingLineUp.jpg13059400_1134282373258491_475900344_n.jp

1 hour ago, MattDavies__ said:

To early to really be of much use, but a rough clashfinder based on last years times (plus a bit of adjustment for coheadliners and such) over here. 

I guess some stages will finish earlier again this year, not sure which ones though. 

Apparently frank turner is getting 50mins and fob and biffy are both getting full 1.5 hour sets as well. Also sundra karma said they were opening main. Other than that looks about right so far. Still hoping to god they have good Charlotte finish before fob to avoid that awful biffy clash.

Edited by 6daviesdr

3 hours ago, oneoftherest said:

That would be pretty similar to me, ID have put in ROAM and As It Is though

Never got into ROAM and As It Is that much. Both a bit too poppy for my liking

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

Where the hell are Moose Blood btw? They've had a massive surge in popularity since last year's festival and have a new album out in August. Seemed a perfect option to open up/play low Main Stage to me. 

Reckon they could get added later on? Don't see the need to hold them back though but the absence is strange along with The Front Bottoms and The Wonder Years who both have released their most successful albums and are playing no festivals in the UK this year (despite TFB being around in August)

7 minutes ago, 6daviesdr said:

Frank turner is getting 50mins and fob and biffy are both getting full 1.5 hour sets as well. Also sundra karma are opening main. Other than that looks about right so far. Still hoping to god they have good Charlotte finish before fob to avoid the god awful biffy clash.

But Good Charlotte clashing with FoB makes less sense than them clashing with Biffy

Edited by justanothername

I was genuinely really disappointed with the announcement today as I didn't know many of the acts that were announced.. 

On the contrary,

After going on the R&L playlist on Spotify I found a good 10 bands I was really interested in, all of which were added to the set list earlier.

If you're disappointed with it so far I seriously recommend doing that, make sure you go in with an open mind, there's a huge range of smaller acts that you can tell are just gonna boom this summer.

1 minute ago, VCK said:

I thought last year's Main Stage was one of the better line-ups in recent years for what it's worth.

2014's gives me AIDS every time I look at it.

i think the midcard was very strong but, mumford and sons and a water down, washed up libertines, i found to be not that enjoyable as headliners in all honesty, Metallica were great though. still not bad, i think this year is a little stronger tbh.

that cage the elephant/vaccines clash is soul wrenching.

36 minutes ago, DirtyChorizo said:

although i love you benus, i have to disagree. i'd pick 2016 out of these three every time

RL-2014-Line-up_810.png

ReadingLineUp.jpg13059400_1134282373258491_475900344_n.jp

2014 > 2015 >>> 2016 imo

1 minute ago, DownInAlbion said:

VANT just posted this, Saturday reading running for FR / Sunday leeds

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

You can get all the stage running orders for each day on the festival websites

One thing to edit is Frank Turner has confirmed he's playing a 50 minute set.

22 minutes ago, DirtyChorizo said:

come on, 2014 looks dreadful, + two of the headliners underperformed according to this thread. definitely looks the weakest to me. I like you JAN but we don't seem to agree on much, musically xD 

I'd completely agree with 2014>2015>>>>2016, the big acts this year just aren't upto scratch, undercard is okay, just the big acts arent

20 minutes ago, DirtyChorizo said:

come on, 2014 looks dreadful, + two of the headliners underperformed according to this thread. definitely looks the weakest to me. I like you JAN but we don't seem to agree on much, musically xD 

Nah. The Lock Up that year was immense for me and apart from Arctics I really enjoyed all the headliners. QOTSA and Paramore smashed it and I went into blink expecting it to not be the best and had a good time in the end. 2014 was so good for me and 2015 was great too (will say that 2015 is the better line up though but 2014 is more suited to my taste). I like how the reunion acts have gone from American Football and Refused to Good Charlotte. That sucks

47 minutes ago, justanothername said:

But Good Charlotte clashing with FoB makes less sense than them clashing with Biffy

Yes i know that'd make even less sense (even though it'd be fine with me).. That's why i said to finish before fob, rather than finish before biffy.

1 hour ago, benus80 said:

Have seen Frank's tweet so edited that. Where's the FOB/Biffy info? 

4 minutes ago, Gozpot said:

I'd completely agree with 2014>2015>>>>2016, the big acts this year just aren't upto scratch, undercard is okay, just the big acts arent

foals, RHCP, biffy? forget disclosure. they shouldn't be headlining but the rest is very strong, yeah biffy are back after only 3 years but so what? most people going this year won't have gone in 2013. Foals will smash, RHCP will probably smash based on recent performances. i really like the undercard. Cage the elephant, courteeners, slaves, Chvrches (who i'm now a fan of), the wombats, 1975, savages, EODM also Sundara karma are great if you've never had a listen you should check them out. also yeah swmrs should be a great pit band.

20 minutes ago, justanothername said:

Nah. The Lock Up that year was immense for me and apart from Arctics I really enjoyed all the headliners. QOTSA and Paramore smashed it and I went into blink expecting it to not be the best and had a good time in the end. 2014 was so good for me and 2015 was great too (will say that 2015 is the better line up though but 2014 is more suited to my taste). I like how the reunion acts have gone from American Football and Refused to Good Charlotte. That sucks

i never really spent that much time in the pit, i think i'll be there more this year for dillinger and swmrs and a few more. i think it's just a personal taste difference for me. 

3 minutes ago, VCK said:

'10's line-ups ranked:

2010 > 2011 > 2015 > 2012 > 2013 > 2016 > 2014

2012 > 2011 > 2013 > 2016 > 2015 = 2010 > 2014 for me

9 hours ago, siweltrebor said:

Nas on the Saturday is an unexpected treat, also the spot he's given looks like it won't clash with RHCP, that's perfect.

Too true. Never thought Nas would do R+L. His set is gonna be major. Getting day tickets for Chilis and Biffy days now. Can't put up with the full weekend especially seen as I've been to 5 Foals gigs in the past 3 years.

Edited by truthpigeon

Y'all are being silly, 2013 was stupendously strong, the top 6 alone are pretty much the strongest the festival has ever had, let alone everything else on the bill. 

2013>>>>>>>>>>2010>2012>>>>2014>2011=2015>2016

I actually don't mind this year, as it's one of the few years where I have a good number of bands I'm excited for on every day, instead of 14/15/16 on 2 days with horror clashes, and then like tops 4 or 5 on the other day, there's a good 7 or 8 acts each day I'm excited for this year, it's just there are no special bands booked this year like NIN, Refused, Manchester Orchestra, At the Drive in etc. I'd say with this year RHCP/Biffy/FOB/Imagine dragons is about as strong as you're going to get, even if I do seriously dislike Imagine dragons, but Foals are weak as a headliner, and will likely pull a crowd as shit as The Libertines did last year, and Disclosure is just laughable. 

My biggest problem with this year is that there's far far too much rap/grime/hip hop on the lineup, at least with some electronic music, particularly DnB, you can get some essence of rock, and I just don't see it with rap/grime/hip hop, plus it's crap anyway.