Lineup 2016

Matt42

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, Gozpot said:

Biffy should be headlining alone, Fall Out Boy are probably there, or thereabouts headliners now, same with Foals, probably both not quite there yet, but there's worse things that could have happened. As for Disclosure, no one can defend that.

You can't say Fall Out Boy are headline worthy and Disclosure aren't, they're both arena acts, Disclosure probably sold far more copies of their last two albums than FOB did in the UK.

Disclosure are biggest dance act to come out of the UK in the last ten years, they're more than strong enough to contend with Foals and FOB as CO headliners.

1 minute ago, DownInAlbion said:

RHCP are one of the greatest bands of all time, thoroughly deserving of headliner status at any festival in the entire world. Their albums haven't got worse, (see the above comments), and they are still incredible live. I saw them at IOW a few years back and they were still awesome, don't slate RHCP.

The majority of the crowd at Reading now will have grown up with recently Chilies, so they'll love it regardless of the general consensus. I love the older stuff and newer stuff (bar I'm With You).

1 minute ago, Will-2609 said:

I though their fans mostly dislike Stadium Arcadium tbh.

Lots of shite but Wet Sand is their best song.

This is the thing as you get older though. You realise it's all deteriorating output by the big stadium rawk bands like Muse, Foos, RHCP and Biffy, but that's countered by a dozen that are just getting into them off the back of that and think it's great. So you just move onto like Swans and stuff.