Lineup 2016

Matt42

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, DirtyChorizo said:

they'll be one of the headliners within the next three years

I hope so, but this will be their last year touring Drones. Depends when their next album is out whether they will or not. Both Muse and Foos are due in the next 2/3 years.

1 minute ago, Gozpot said:

I hope so, but this will be their last year touring Drones. Depends when their next album is out whether they will or not. Both Muse and Foos are due in the next 2/3 years.

They're gonna tour drones forever, hopefully

On 4/14/2016 at 7:41 PM, justanothername said:

And why would they do that? Makes no sense. It happened last year but it was Alt-J and I presume it was to help with Latitude sales as they were headlining that

Both NFG and Refused went on after the headliners were done, I think

Just now, justanothername said:

Only finished early on one of the days to avoid a clash with Metallica. I don't think it will happen this year

Are you sure? I remember coming out of the lock-up after watching Tomahawk thinking it was the end of the night, only to find that Eminem hadn't even started.That was a few years ago so I thought that was the start of the tents finishing early.

Just now, rivalschools.price said:

Are you sure? I remember coming out of the lock-up after watching Tomahawk thinking it was the end of the night, only to find that Eminem hadn't even started.That was a few years ago so I thought that was the start of the tents finishing early.

I remember hearing about that but I still remember one of the days finishing at the regular time that year but for the past two years only one of the days has closed early (Jimmy Eat World in 2014 and Ghost in 2015)

Just now, Gozpot said:

Think that was more due to Mastodon pulling out and them not replacing them than anything else.

It was confirmed pretty much straight away that Mastodon weren't clashing with Metallica (which would have been a stupid clash anyway)

6 minutes ago, Couchy said:

Watched the R&L video on my facebook feed. Trying to flog off 5 headliners (1 being RHCP & another being Disclosure likely in the light) is such a crock of shite. £100 & I'll go

don't see why RHCP headlining is an issue, they won't be in the light, they aren't co-headlining, it's FOB and Disclosure who'll be in the light. I don't really blame them for marketing it this way, your average viewer will understand that there are 4 co-headliners and a normal headliner so i don't see the issue tbh 

Edited by DirtyChorizo

3 minutes ago, Couchy said:

Watched the R&L video on my facebook feed. Trying to flog off 5 headliners (1 being RHCP & another being Disclosure likely in the light) is such a crock of shite. £100 & I'll go

Biffy should be headlining alone, Fall Out Boy are probably there, or thereabouts headliners now, same with Foals, probably both not quite there yet, but there's worse things that could have happened. As for Disclosure, no one can defend that.

3 minutes ago, Couchy said:

And here I was thinking fallout boy were the ones with no business being a headliner. 2 definite headliners. 2 you could argue either way and one that would be a debatable sub.

2 minutes ago, lightning1000 said:

And here I was thinking fallout boy were the ones with no business being a headliner. 2 definite headliners. 2 you could argue either way and one that would be a debatable sub.

RHCP and Biffy definite headliners.
Foals and FoB are close in my eyes, could have gone either way.
Disclosure don't belong anywhere near headlining.

Tbh would have preferred it with RHCP and Biffy as lone headliners and FoB/Foals co-headline. Would have looked much stronger.

Edited by Gozpot