Lineup 2016

Matt42

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, Newtofestivals said:

Just booked my first reading ticket ever, very excited! Should I expect anymore 'big' acts or have we got all the main ones announced? :D

Can't be 100% sure yet as this is the first year they've had the line up poster in this format, but based on the size of bands we have on there i wouldn't expect anyone else that big, but there's still going to be some medium sized bands to announce and quite often they end up being some of the best performances of the weekend.

12 hours ago, kaosmark2 said:

Navarro a better guitarist than frusciante, but frusciante suited rhcp more. 

that's my thoughts as well. it's a shame josh doesn't get the credit he deserves, still and incredible guitarist. but it'll always be hard to live up to frusciante or Navarro.

On 31/03/2016 at 1:54 AM, conroy17 said:

Pyramid headliners aside Glasto have smashed it LCD, Kamasi, Sigur Ros, Floating Points & Grimes to name a few. I'd love to have seen R&L book a few of those slightly more leftfield acts- reckon if they put enough of them in there they'd shift the audience demographic and manage to pull it off (Lana Del Rey & LCD co-headliner anyone???). Still find it madness that T in the Park have LCD and John Grant and that Tame Impala (so far) aren't anywhere to be seen in the UK this summer- I know they're unable to play R&L this year but to have had them on an exclusive perhaps subbing Foals/Disclosure would've been a far greater coup than the mediocre booking of Chvrches (I've come to terms with the idea that they'll be subbing now). Anyway, done rambling.

Well said Conroy I totally agree with you, as Glastonbury and T in the park have proved they are amazing acts willing to do the festival circuit this year and in my option there only less than handful of decent acts at reading and they are still obsese with guitar music especially with average American band like fall out boy co-headling. Sorry for that but rant over. 

3 hours ago, benus80 said:

Well said Conroy I totally agree with you, as Glastonbury and T in the park have proved they are amazing acts willing to do the festival circuit this year and in my option there only less than handful of decent acts at reading and they are still obsese with guitar music especially with average American band like fall out boy co-headling. Sorry for that but rant over. 

I love you

1 minute ago, rivalschools.price said:

Yeah, no doubt about that.Sounds great.

Going to see them onTuesday,looking forward to it big time.

Dinosaur pile-up supporting as well.

Missed out on tickets in the end, wasn't sure if i wanted to pay £45 plus travel for a ticket, but now i've heard the new album i wish i had.

18 hours ago, Gozpot said:

New Weezer album is probably their best since Green Album, shame there doesn't appear to be any space on the line up for them.

Green Album isn't that great in my opinion. I mean it's good but its lacks something that made Blue and Pinkerton great. White album is far better. Anyway Everything Will Be Alright In The End was banging too. It was the first good Weezer album in years and the White Album is just solidifying the fact that Weezer have returned to form. 

1 hour ago, Gozpot said:

For me its:

1. Blue
2. Pinkerton
3. Green
4. White
5. Everything Will Be Alright
6. Maladroit
7. Make Believe
8. Hurley
9. Red
10. Raditude

I don't think anyone can argue too much about he top four.

The only difference with me and most Weezer fans is that I rate theRed album better than most.

Looking forward to seeing them in Brixton on Tuesday.