Lineup 2016

Matt42

Haha.....is someone actually trying to defend the R&L lineup against a Glasto lineup with a 10% portion announced, bloody hell lol.

The fact of the matter is, if you are disappointed just from that if you were going Glasto....then you dont understand Glasto, most of us are happy to just have a ticket ans anything extra is bonus, whereas the days of being excited to have a R/L ticket are long gone.

Edited by thewayiam

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Haha.....is someone actually trying to defend the R&L lineup against a Glasto lineup with a 10% portion announced, bloody hell lol.

The fact of the matter is, if you are disappointed just from that if you were going Glasto....then you dont understand Glasto, most of us are happy to just have a ticket ans anything extra is bonus, whereas the days of being excited to have a R/L ticket are long gone.

stop posting in this section you useless prat

21 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

L O G  O U T

O

O

U

T

4 hours ago, eFestivals said:

it's only a tiny bit of the line-up tho.

The gems are normally not the headline stuff, and hopefully this year will be no different.

But the 3 headliners? Not my bag (tho they never are), but 3 of the biggest acts in the world? They might be a bit on the dull side, but they're still impressive.

No issue with the headliners. Muse are awesome, Coldplay are ok if you're in the mood but not a festival band for me. Adele is a mighty fine singer but holy shit I wish she'd sing something not about being dumped. Also not festival fare for me but there is no arguing all of their popularity. It's everything else that just says meh to me. I'll go one day to see what the rest of it is about. R/L is also a bit meh this year but I'll likely end up going because fuck it, 6 festivals in a summer isn't enough and you're a long time dead.

4 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Tbf, for me anyway the top of the bill is fine for Reading, and is about the only exciting part of the lineup that they are giving two acts the chance to headline. Who gives a shit where else they might be playing.

Its the amount of shite it has the rest of the days that which is the main reason I doubt I'm going bother to go.

22 minutes ago, oneoftherest said:

Loving Mystery Jets new stuff, it'd be ace if they got a slot somewhere

yeah i said the same thing a while back, loving bubblegum at the moment, early mainstage or mid NME is where they'd likely fit in if they were announced and since we're not likely to that many more big acts apparently, that makes sense.

33 minutes ago, DirtyChorizo said:

really? you could be right but i would've thought he'd be alright on NME stage or something

He's very much perfect for Latitude, hence why he's there and not R&L, obviously there's a few acts that are suitable for both fests, but I don't think FJM is at all for R&L. Think the vast majority of R&L goers outside of this forum/those who have a similar investment in music wouldn't have an absolute clue who he is. 

5 minutes ago, VinylDelusion said:

Dunno if anyone's mentioned this but Tame Impala are playing an American festival on R/L weekend, so they're ruled out :(

Yeah I was gonna mention it but I forgot. :P

Tame Impala, DIIV, Grimes, Father John Misty... Pretty much everyone oneoftherest has suggested to be added.

fyf-fest-2016-lineup.jpg?w=800&h=800

Pyramid headliners aside Glasto have smashed it LCD, Kamasi, Sigur Ros, Floating Points & Grimes to name a few. I'd love to have seen R&L book a few of those slightly more leftfield acts- reckon if they put enough of them in there they'd shift the audience demographic and manage to pull it off (Lana Del Rey & LCD co-headliner anyone???). Still find it madness that T in the Park have LCD and John Grant and that Tame Impala (so far) aren't anywhere to be seen in the UK this summer- I know they're unable to play R&L this year but to have had them on an exclusive perhaps subbing Foals/Disclosure would've been a far greater coup than the mediocre booking of Chvrches (I've come to terms with the idea that they'll be subbing now). Anyway, done rambling.