Lineup 2016

Matt42

37 minutes ago, foolee said:

I think YMAS is a good shout for a secret set. Why does everyone keep saying there is no room for TLSP? All you can do is guess at the stage splits so really you have no idea what slots are left, your views are all on assumptions. I don't think anyone would have had Editors 5th down main in 2013. Reading have never announced like this before so what's to say they've done it like this because they have a lot of high NME and Main still to be announced and didn't want to put TBA or Special Guests all over the lineup page like they did with alt-j last year. 

i personally just dont see where theyd fit on the lineup at the moment. 

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I won't bother saying anything next time then, jeez

EDIT: Sorry to come across like I was jumping down anyone's throat but all I've seen on here since the announcement is a lot of people saying there's no room for big acts which simply isn't true as no one knows where anyone is playing apart from the headline acts/Pit acts and self confirmations (although I remember someone stated they'd spoken with YMAS the other year and said they were subbing when they didn't)

Edited by foolee

But we don't know where anyone is placed, if The 1975 are headlining NME and ASAP Rocky were to sub them and Vaccines played third on main stage, TLSP could be sub surely? 

I think the opportunity for at least one more big act is still definitely wide open whether it be Biffy or Foals day. 

1 hour ago, zak14 said:

But we don't know where anyone is placed, if The 1975 are headlining NME and ASAP Rocky were to sub them and Vaccines played third on main stage, TLSP could be sub surely? 

I think the opportunity for at least one more big act is still definitely wide open whether it be Biffy or Foals day. 

Of course we don't know where anyone is placed. We're talking about this based on where we predict acts to go and where we predict The Last Shadow Puppets could fit in. Can people stop pointing this out?

I think Friday is the only perceivable day they could slot in because there's such a mish-mash of acts that are hard to predict where they'd go but I still personally wouldn't expect to see someone as big as TLSP fit in.

Even aside from that - even if you think that there are plenty of slots left to fill up there - why hold back TLSP when they're already being announced for tons of other shit? You can usually put your finger on why a larger band is announced later (Alexisonfire hadn't announced their reunion yet, alt-j were headlining Latitude) but there's nowt to prevent announcing them.

13 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

that's the exact opposite direction that most people want the new album to take. i doubt it's gonna sound anything like their first three albums, but they've done the mainstream thing to do death now, so much so that half of the songs on Opposites sounded the same. back to something a little bit more experimental please

Obviously I don't want it to be just another OR or Opposites (as good as they are) but that style is my favourite 'phase' of theirs, I guess I just want them to stay relevant and popular but if the music they make is good then I can't really complain.

6 minutes ago, MontheBiff1997 said:

Obviously I don't want it to be just another OR or Opposites (as good as they are) but that style is my favourite 'phase' of theirs, I guess I just want them to stay relevant and popular but if the music they make is good then I can't really complain.

At least yer honest bud. I imagine most of the peeps baying for them to return to the old stuff got into them via Opposites and Only by the Revolutions.

1 hour ago, Nick Aldous said:

Didn't ask I'm afraid.

They've said they aren't. Was at a pub with one of the band and they said they weren't - things could have changed but I don't think they will. 

They've done it the last two years in a row and they're wrapping up the My Love is Cool album cycle (at least in the UK). Only a few smaller festival shows lined up. 

12 minutes ago, endswithMJ said:

They've said they aren't. Was at a pub with one of the band and they said they weren't - things could have changed but I don't think they will. 

They've done it the last two years in a row and they're wrapping up the My Love is Cool album cycle (at least in the UK). Only a few smaller festival shows lined up. 

yeah i didn't think they'd be there anyway. don't see any point in them returning when they're touring the same material and would play essentially the same set

23 minutes ago, Thrillhouse said:

Biffy playing bellahouston park in Glasgow on the Saturday of R/L weekend supported by Fall out boy. Saves me travelling to Leeds and hopefully means a longer biffy set

image.jpg

Was going to do the Biffy day at Reading but thinking might go up to Glasgow for a mini weekend break as it's bank holiday and do this instead now. Would be great if Cage The Elephant got added to this.

3 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

Are Biffy and FOB best mates or something

Seems like two fingers up at R+L to me, neither probably was satisfied as a co-headliner and from what I heard in an interview in Kerrang they made it clear that R+L wanted GnR but couldn't get them so settled on Biffy and FoB so might just be their way of saying fuck you to the festival.

11 minutes ago, Gozpot said:

Seems like two fingers up at R+L to me, neither probably was satisfied as a co-headliner and from what I heard in an interview in Kerrang they made it clear that R+L wanted GnR but couldn't get them so settled on Biffy and FoB so might just be their way of saying fuck you to the festival.

Surely though Biffy could have just said no? Remember than Biffy are Scottish and could have probably headlined before they did there.