Lineup 2016

Matt42

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, oneoftherest said:

Im doubting if Bloc Party are even gonna headline the NME anymore, none of their dates sold out (I was misled Dental before you pull me up on it)

It apparently didn't sell that great and the new album has only reached number 12, as far as comebacks go, there's hasn't exactly gone to plan.

I was at the Newcastle gig and it didn't seem that busy. Balcony wasn't even open. Editors sold more tickets when they played here in Oct and that was part of a much larger tour.

8 minutes ago, oneoftherest said:

Im doubting if Bloc Party are even gonna headline the NME anymore, none of their dates sold out (I was misled Dental before you pull me up on it)

It apparently didn't sell that great and the new album has only reached number 12, as far as comebacks go, there's hasn't exactly gone to plan.

Yeah I've thought that quite a bit. If the festival were able to decide knowing now that their comeback has been such a damp squib then I'm pretty sure they'd try and put someone in above them (I don't know if that's how it works or anything, mind) because it seems that so few people give a shit. The academy tour tickets were expensive but, as you said, they bolstered the bill with Drenge who seemed at the time to be a big bonus for people considering it.

2 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

Everyone heard Hymns and decided against getting tickets lol. They'll probably 'headline' the NME but they'll have a dance act above them as the real headliner as is standard now. R&L are doing everything they can to dilute the meaning of 'headliner'.

Nah fam the NME headliner with a closing act in 2014 was probably the strongest one and Limp Bizkit certainly aren't small-fry selling out Brixton at £50+ a pop. There's no shame in having a closing dance act.

2 minutes ago, oneoftherest said:

I've asked before and nobody ever really responded but where do we reckon Fetty Wap is gonna be? High NME or headline 1XTRA is my bet

maybe, wouldn't be surprised if he got some boos to be honest, I like rapping in general but he is just awful in my opinion. i can't listen to him but he is popular among some of the youth, but those who aren't fans often dislike him.

Edited by DirtyChorizo

12 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

he's hugely popular - he isn't gonna get boos. what kind of moron goes to see somebody they don't like just to boo them?

people who are there to see the act after him, and dislike him, yes he is popular but he is also hated by quite a lot of people, even some of his fans are in on the joke, i'm sorry what he does is not rapping and its not singing, its like a 14 year old constantly voice cracking.

Edited by DirtyChorizo

5 minutes ago, DirtyChorizo said:

people who are there to see the act after him, and dislike him, yes he is popular but he is also hated by quite a lot of people, even some of his fans are in on the joke, i'm sorry what he does is not rapping and its not singing, its like a 14 year old constantly voice cracking.

50 Cent was on before a hugely different headliner and so people were camping out to get a good place for them. Fetty Wap's position won't be nearly as high and people will be walking back and forth between stages rather than camping out for the next act on. he'll be fine. hip-hop acts are actually accepted at festivals these days unlike back then when booking somebody like 50 Cent was seen as some sort of travesty

7 minutes ago, DirtyChorizo said:

i'm sorry what he does is not rapping and its not singing, its like a 14 year old constantly voice cracking.

I think the same about your posts.

17 minutes ago, oneoftherest said:

I've asked before and nobody ever really responded but where do we reckon Fetty Wap is gonna be? High NME or headline 1XTRA is my bet

Yeah that's what most people have been going for. Would be very surprised if he wasn't headlining 1Xtra.

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

50 Cent was on before a hugely different headliner and so people were camping out to get a good place for them. Fetty Wap's position won't be nearly as high and people will be walking back and forth between stages rather than camping out for the next act on. he'll be fine. hip-hop acts are actually accepted at festivals these days unlike back then when booking somebody like 50 Cent was seen as some sort of travesty

depends on how high they put him to be honest, i wouldn't be surprised at reading these days if they put him way too high for what he is. Also Wetty Fap is not hip-hop. he's closer to Daphne and Celeste than any hip-hop artist.

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I think the same about your posts.

oh dear.

Just now, DirtyChorizo said:

depends on how high they put him to be honest, i wouldn't be surprised at reading these days if they put him way too high for what he is. Also Wetty Fap is not hip-hop. he's closer to Daphne and Celeste than any hip-hop artist.

Hell be mid-NME or high 1xtra where there won't be a load of close-minded rockists who are the only people who'd boo him.

7 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Hell be mid-NME or high 1xtra where there won't be a load of close-minded rockists who are the only people who'd boo him.

meh probably correct, but all i'm saying is i wouldn't be surprised if he got a few boos, nothing mental.  i'm fine with hip-hop/rap acts and pop acts, etc (just as long as there is not an overwhelming amount) and although i wouldn't boo him, i know plenty of people who think the same as me and i'd bet would boo him. i know this isn't what your saying but its not rockist to dislike fetty wap, it's just acknowledging that he is shit. I mean I find it hard to believe that anyone would defend that atrocity of sound (again not aimed at you)

Edited by DirtyChorizo