Lineup 2016

Matt42

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

As I said, Biffy aren't headlining, and neither are Fall Out Boy playing underneath them.

But, I believe, those bands are both playing (and I never said they weren't).

Which only leaves one option. Can you work it out? :P

Co-headlining :P ? How confident are you that that is the case?

Edited by Andre91

3 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

about 98%.

There's always a chance that anything I hear is wrong, but I doubt this one is.

That's great. Thanks for sharing, as always. Just seen the rumours page! 

Do you know anything as to why it is going to be a co-headliner arrangement when Biffy headlined outright only three years ago? 

18 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

As I said, Biffy aren't headlining, and neither are Fall Out Boy playing underneath them.

But, I believe, those bands are both playing (and I never said they weren't).

Which only leaves one option. Can you work it out? :P

Co-headliner is a little bit of a step backwards for Biffy, and maybe a step too far for FOB. 

75 minute Biffy set would be a let down, FOB set lenght was just enough last time.

Backwards step for the festival having 2 lots of Coheadliners. Unless it's to get round exclusive contracts for Biffy elsewhere. Does pad out the bill a bit. I'd much prefer 1 less band that day and 90 mins of both or 90 biffy 75 FOB.

Could just be a Biffy secret set on NME with a view to headline in 2017 again to round off the album.

3 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Do you know anything as to why it is going to be a co-headliner arrangement when Biffy headlined outright only three years ago? 

As I understand it, Biffy wasn't R/L's original plan (I'm not sure about FOB). They were trying to line-up someone else but it fell thru right at the last minute.

So I guess the line-up isn't as hard-hitting with the names as they wanted it to be, and they're trying to rectify that by putting more names on it at the top to replace what would have been fewer but bigger names.

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

As I understand it, Biffy wasn't R/L's original plan (I'm not sure about FOB). They were trying to line-up someone else but it fell thru right at the last minute.

So I guess the line-up isn't as hard-hitting with the names as they wanted it to be, and they're trying to rectify that by putting more names on it at the top to replace what would have been fewer but bigger names.

Were they pushing for Muse?

6 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Do you have any ideas as to who they were lining up, or nothing quite so specific? 

I'm hoping that they both get a 90 minute set, purely for selfish reasons :P