Lineup 2016

Matt42

2 hours ago, Asdaprice said:

I think Foals headlining is great and that one of the few great points about modern Reading festival is giving bands who have grafted, a dedicated fan base, and a great live show, the chance to join the ever shrinking pool of headliners available to fests. They may not be everyone's personal thing but I'm sure they'll smash it, and potentially gain many fans from it. 

It's certainly better then having the same headliners every 2/3 years right? 

Yep. I don't like either band but anyone moaning that they aren't big enough or that the festival should blow it's money on old has-beens like GNR or have headliners back after two years doesn't have the interests of R&L in mind.

Of course now either GNR or Biffy will be announced as the final headliner.

Edited by mrtourette

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, mrtourette said:

Yep. I don't like either band but anyone moaning that they aren't big enough or that the festival should blow it's money on old has-beens like GNR or have headliners back after two years doesn't have the interests of R&L in mind.

Of course now either GNR or Biffy will be announced as the final headliner.

That's not exactly how it is though is it? No one is saying they should have bands back after 2 years, in fact a lot are against Biffy because it would be only 3 years since.

Neil has suggested that it isn't Biffy Clyro, has he not? Or at least said he heard it wasn't. Something like that.

And Guns N Roses would be a good pick for a headliner. Slash and Rose together on stage will be a pull on it's own. I don't see the problem with that booking if it happens.

5 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

Neil has suggested that it isn't Biffy Clyro, has he not? Or at least said he heard it wasn't. Something like that.

And Guns N Roses would be a good pick for a headliner. Slash and Rose together on stage will be a pull on it's own. I don't see the problem with that booking if it happens.

I watched a BBC4 doc. on Guns N' Roses the other night and I didn't quite realise the extent of Axl and Slash's fallout. There's always a risk with booking them, but like you said, I'm sure they'd draw a monstrous crowd.

17 hours ago, #FreeComTruise said:

Dental must be on the verge of having a breakdown over the amount of times he's had to justify Foals' credibility as a headliner. 

I don't really see it as justifying personally as it's up to the band to show they're worthy. Like Arcade Fire had questions marks about them and proved themselves. I just try and argue for the benevolence of giving these chances to acts who are around that level, and there's no doubt that both coheads are.

42 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

I think it was luckysalt who said that he knows for sure that GNR aren't doing R&L? 

4 hours ago, Noeliam said:

MUSE for Sziget Festival!

Pretty much cements them as favourite, in my mind, for the last headliner. Although they're a SR for Glastonbury, Neil has also heard rumblings that they may not headline. I presume that's mean its a secret set rather than a low slot.

Glastonbury: Radiohead / Adele / Coldplay (Muse secret set at some point)

R&L: Red Hot Chili Peppers / Foals & Disclosure / Muse

9 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

Pretty much cements them as favourite, in my mind, for the last headliner. Although they're a SR for Glastonbury, Neil has also heard rumblings that they may not headline. I presume that's mean its a secret set rather than a low slot.

Neil also had info that R/L had problems with their headliners this year, which says to me that they struggled securing them. Muse aren't really what you'd call a 'problem' so it'd be weird if it was them (although obviously the info may have been wrong)

12 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I think it was luckysalt who said that he knows for sure that GNR aren't doing R&L? 

It was, didn't confirm if they were here this year but did say they weren't at Reading. 

10 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

Could go either way but I'd air on Neil's info being correct.

I can definitely see the last headliner being GnR if Reading does manage to get them in again (if that's where the problem lied, but either way I'm sure they were in talks to at some point) or Muse (if Glasto isn't on for them now).

Really can't see it being anyone else at the moment but who knows!

Also on RHCP, I think its great they blasted out Aeroplane again the other day, and Josh is looking more and more like the old enthusiastic Frudciante (not 07 Frusciante) by the day, so I'm hoping for a DECENT and nostalgic set there. If their new album isn't a pile of crap...

12 minutes ago, Asdaprice said:

I can definitely see the last headliner being GnR if Reading does manage to get them in again (if that's where the problem lied, but either way I'm sure they were in talks to at some point) or Muse (if Glasto isn't on for them now).

Really can't see it being anyone else at the moment but who knows!

Also on RHCP, I think its great they blasted out Aeroplane again the other day, and Josh is looking more and more like the old enthusiastic Frudciante (not 07 Frusciante) by the day, so I'm hoping for a DECENT and nostalgic set there. If their new album isn't a pile of crap...

Or it could be Pendulum and YM@6 co-headline.

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

That's not exactly how it is though is it? No one is saying they should have bands back after 2 years, in fact a lot are against Biffy because it would be only 3 years since.

A number of people are saying Biffy should be back after two years off.

8 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Nah nothing to do with wanting it for most people speculating. Just pessimism I suppose.

OK if you want to be fussy, a number of people have responded positively to the speculation of Biffy headlining again after two years away.

Come on give foals a chance. One thing going for them is it will be a massive highlight headlining reading as they went as went a punter and played the smaller stages so they know about reading festival means to people and thus will want to put on an amazing show. So different from some big American bands who probably treat it as another festival show.