Lineup 2016

Matt42

1 minute ago, thewayiam said:

Well it is the weakest track from that album, defo deserves to be on Folie-A-Deux instead.

I'm sorry, but what!? Saturday is the weakest song off of Take This To Your Grave? Folie à Deux (which is THREE albums away from TTTYG) is nothing compared to that album. NOTHING. 

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I'm sorry, but what!? Saturday is the weakest song off of Take This To Your Grave? Folie à Deux (which is THREE albums away from TTTYG) is nothing compared to that album. NOTHING. 

You're correct!.....but that song doesn't stand up anywhere close to the rest of the album....and no need to be sorry, your opinion etc.

2 minutes ago, benus80 said:

Is Noel playing in pompey/southsea on Saturday night of reading festival so I not thing he will be their. Plus please no kayne. 

Noel won't be at Reading, The Coral won't be is the bigger problem. It's edging closer to bank holiday weekend in Pompey for me. £160 including accomodation for that lineup.

6 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Neither are greatly likely to be there. ADTR have no reason at all to be in Europe end of the year and ATDI would need to come over a 3rd time to Europe. I meant ro actually say that neither are too likely but just about ATDI have the edge, Opener/Werchter changed opiniom though. They did get a very small crowd last time.

Well you're still assuming ADTR will have no new material by August and like it has been said before many times on here ADTR have been confirmed to be in the studio working on a new album so they will probably have new material to promote by August and with ATDI why is 3rd time a problem? They are touring the EU in March then doing a few early summer festivals so they could so do August festivals. I'm sure other artists have done it before

Note: You also implied that if ATDI and ADTR performing at R&L 2016 was somehow linked that's why I was puzzled

Edited by justanothername

5 hours ago, justanothername said:

and with ATDI why is 3rd time a problem? They are touring the EU in March then doing a few early summer festivals so they could so do August festivals. I'm sure other artists have done it before

Because a band is unlikely to come over to the EU from the US 3 times in such a short space of time.

27 minutes ago, Nicklord said:

It's promising but I wouldn't count my chickens. As good as getting some old stuff in would be, it's not the kinda thing that's gonna impress festival audiences worldwide. Plus, they'll be plugging a new album and that could end up being as shit as I'm With You.

8 hours ago, justanothername said:

Well you're still assuming ADTR will have no new material by August and like it has been said before many times on here ADTR have been confirmed to be in the studio working on a new album so they will probably have new material to promote by August and with ATDI why is 3rd time a problem? They are touring the EU in March then doing a few early summer festivals so they could so do August festivals. I'm sure other artists have done it before

Note: You also implied that if ATDI and ADTR performing at R&L 2016 was somehow linked that's why I was puzzled

Even if they do, I don't think Download then Reading 4 years running with a fair bit of own touring is that likely. They could be at risk of over doing it, having a break from Reading this year and coming back to play next year could be the difference in them playing 3rd/NME header and returning possibly sub level.

3rd time is a problem with them being American, if they were from Europe/UK then they are only travelling around their own patch so to speak.

If you look at what touring ADTR are doing early this year, crossover doesn't look that promising, it's usually like one big band and a couple of smaller one's.....and RHCP is already one. Download is the bigger crossover.  ATDI also happen to be taking part in at least one of these and there are lower down acts, a couple of which are involved in Slam Dunk and with the crossover from that to Reading making them more likely. That's why I said although it would be at least 3 visits for ATDI which often doesn't happen, they are still more likely imo beings that they are unlikely for Glasto and are ruled out of Download. Just so it's known, I'd be in favor of the ATDI/ATR NME top two likes others, although I think it would be much better given the crowd last time for ATDI to take a mid main stage spot should they play.

45 minutes ago, kp1983 said:

The Lumineers announced their comeback yesterday with a world tour and a new album out in April, what do we think the chances of them playing this year are? 

I think the whole world had stopped giving a shit about all these banjo-bothering bands that rode on Mumford & Sons coattails by the time they played in 2013.

So yeah, FR headliners.

32 minutes ago, DirtyChorizo said:

i think so far the headliners have been strong announcements (that's if foals are closing) but the normal acts definitely could be stronger.

Foals aren't a strong headliner, even as a co-headliner. For me, the weak part of the second announcement was the dance music. Third announcement is make or break for me, Not too bothered by the headliner but the undercard needs to be strong af.

1 minute ago, mooseman said:

Foals aren't a strong headliner, even as a co-headliner. For me, the weak part of the second announcement was the dance music. Third announcement is make or break for me, Not too bothered by the headliner but the undercard needs to be strong af.

Agree. As much as I like Foals, I can't help but feeling that they would be better a sub for the 'indie' headliner.

Draw up a list of 'indie headliners' and take out the ones that aren't touring or appropriate then see who is left over.

In fact; before you cross out all the names, look down the list. All of those bands were given a shot at headlining festivals off the back of questionable success and not much experience of playing massive gigs. That's pretty much the whole thing with the genre. With Foals they were already headlining some well respected medium/large festivals before this tour and are one of the biggest bands within a style of music that a large portion of the R+L crowd are into so most people saw it coming a mile off.

Thing that made this announcement go over so badly wasn't really those headliners but the lack of acts (or, more specifically, 'bands') attached to it. If the poster dropped with them on it, people would've just shrugged and counted up all the bands they wanted to see on whatever day like with new headliners QOTSA/Paramore and The Libertines. I remember Biffy had a fair bit of opposition when that came as a separate announcement like this one, and even then SOAD came as part of the parcel so people had Chop Suey moments nonetheless.

55 minutes ago, mooseman said:

Do we even have an undercard yet lol.

53 minutes ago, Foals/Disclosure said:

Agree. As much as I like Foals, I can't help but feeling that they would be better a sub for the 'indie' headliner.

This is very clear, it's weak as fuck whether you like the band or not. Not even the kids on social media were lapping it up. I do think they have Pedulum as an Exclusive but I don't think they have the huge band they need to counteract it.

1 hour ago, mooseman said:

i've said it before, watch them play two steps twice at glasto, they are very fucking far from a weak headliner. if you mean they aren't popular, that's a different story but actual performance wise, they are incredible.

Edited by DirtyChorizo

2 minutes ago, DirtyChorizo said:

i've said it before, watch them play two steps twice at glasto, they are very fucking far from a weak healiner.

This. I think their size as a headliner is debatable, but in terms of quality, I think they're a strong headliner. I'd be surprised if many who go to this years fest won't think that they are fantastic live. Unless the last headliner is something really special, or RHCP have seriously upped their game, I think Foals will be the best of the headliners.