Lineup 2016

Matt42

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, VinylDelusion said:

BMTH returning so soon after a year would be pretty weak.

Yeah I can't see it happening. If it did though, I don't think it would be that bad. They've since released a massively successful album, sold out and played a hugely successful UK Tour and announced a much bigger full UK arena tour which has sold really well so far. They're a massive band at the moment and get tonnes of radio air play. They could do worse than getting BMTH back to headline. Bloc Party subbed two years in a row. 

It saddens me as someone who has attended Leeds from day one at Temple Newsam, that You Me At Six and Bring Me The Horizon could seriously be talked about as potential headliners, having said that the last two years have been dire in comparison to previously so they have set a certain standard of expectation.

The last time I remember so little info one one header or sub was 2010 prior to someone mentioning on here G'N'R & The Libs (although that person thought The Libs would head not Arcade Fire), not that I think for one minute it's G'N'R this year, although that little info would send me thinking towards a US rather than UK based band. Although T not claiming any exclusivity over The Stone Roses makes me think they're a possibility. Stone Roses with Prodigy subbing it's an early 90's dance resurrection :P

59 minutes ago, foolee said:

I really hope that doesn't mean they've gone to YMAS as a co-headliner... I could see it though, maybe them and BMTH. Not sure what other bands could do it that are similar though. 

I hope not too but I can see it. They certainly sell the tickets for it and they are prime target R&L, they would easily sub to be fair.

35 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Yeah I can't see it happening. If it did though, I don't think it would be that bad. They've since released a massively successful album, sold out and played a hugely successful UK Tour and announced a much bigger full UK arena tour which has sold really well so far. They're a massive band at the moment and get tonnes of radio air play. They could do worse than getting BMTH back to headline. Bloc Party subbed two years in a row. 

It's not about all that, I very much doubt Download are going to let them play that slot at R&L to that many people after a big arena tour as well before announcing them. I think for them that a Glasto slot and Big Weekend slot will get the required coverage for them.

Co=headliners can be a good thing if it's legends like Pulp who can put on a hell of a show, have anthems but are never going to be exclusive as when they co-headed with The Strokes. If it's generic stuff like Paramore or YMa6, not so great and looks weak.

Hell, no matter personal prefs, it's not so long ago and the same year as those co-headers we had Muse subbed by Elbow, both great festival bands generally. Madness playing in the mid afternoon on Pulp day, again absolute legends with a ton of hits.

Yeah Foos and Black Keys, Kasabian and Florence, big parings.

Anyway thing is if it's a UK band there is usually more info, simply down to more people in the UK being in the know, non-UK bands it does tend to take a bit more guesswork/more solid sources, that is what would make me lean to this final header not being UK. The only fly in the ointment is the T no-exclusivity on the Roses, other than that god knows but if it's a UK based band they have a tight ship. 

Just now, JTed said:

True, but talk of two sets co-headers wouldn't have happened in previous years

It would. That's a product of people on here reading way too far into what Neil's said, and we would have done that in previous years too.

I might be wrong as Neil will point out but I'm pretty sure what Neil said was that he wanted to take a punt on a headliner but wanted to know if he would get paid if they ended up coheadlining. I read that as there being one sort of weak booking rolling around in his mind that could end up in a coheadline pairing. In reaility, we would most likely just get that weak headliner as the final headliner but imaginations have already run wild.

4 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

It would. That's a product of people on here reading way too far into what Neil's said, and we would have done that in previous years too.

I might be wrong as Neil will point out but I'm pretty sure what Neil said was that he wanted to take a punt on a headliner but wanted to know if he would get paid if they ended up coheadlining. I read that as there being one sort of weak booking rolling around in his mind that could end up in a coheadline pairing. In reaility, we would most likely just get that weak headliner as the final headliner but imaginations have already run wild.

I and a lot of others probably are reading too far into it!

But headliner 'problems' just doesn't sound particularly promising!

On 3 February 2016 at 0:09 AM, Andre91 said:

Coheed and Cambria headlining The Pit would be a great booking. 

Coheed and Cambria to Coheadline, ha ha.

Went to see them on Tuesday night.Amazing band,they've got a huge cult following and Kentish Forum was jam-packed with fans going crazy.Great night.

One of the most under rated bands I have ever seen, headlining the pit would indeed be a great booking.

6 hours ago, #FreeComTruise said:

Why is Gazza obsessed with Pendulum? ...Is it based on anything at all??

Because they've just returned from a 5+ year hiatus and are thus in huge demand, R+L probably looks to be the most likely of the UK fests that they would play

6 minutes ago, MattDavies__ said:

I doubt they'll even do any live sets other than Ultra. 

They're back to DJ sets for everything else that's been announced 

They are different people, live compared to the dj set, mc aside. I can't see them going to the trouble of getting the band together rehearsing etc for only 1 appearance. My feeling is they'll announce late European festivals all together, with high spots across the board.