Lineup 2016

Matt42

3 hours ago, she bangs the drums said:

Could it be that R & L are going to follow other festivals and have a headliner but then follow this was some type of dance music as a closing set on the Main Stage, they have done this successfully in the NME tent and to get rid of having 1/2 empty tents for bands like Faith no More and At the Drive In. Maybe the crowds on the Main Stage for headliners is getting smaller each year? 

Could easily be someone like Biffy, Strokes, Queens of the Stone Age, followed by Chase and Status, Pendulum? 

I doubt it, if it was Biffy or someone like that then it's more likely than it'll be two headline sets or the dance act following with have a little less time. This is the only way I see it being Biffy, they get 1hr 30 then a closing dance act gets 1hr 15 meaning Biffy get the extra Biffy in the dark.

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Dan Wilcox said:

It's Biffy, and Fall Out Boy are subbing. 

I don't disbelieve you but you did give us info that ATDI would be in the last announcement and a few others bits that aren't greatly likely. This being said, Neil didn't leave just Biffy on there for no reason and fairplay if true.

Yeah ID haven't been announced at Foals/Disclosure's sub. They're below them on the lineup poster at the moment just because it's split into the two announcements.

Someone said The 1975 are below the co-headliners and ID below RHCP which makes more sense to me.

Unless Lightning knows something, that is.

Biffy and FOB makes sense (although have FOB announced any dates so far?). I was going off the idea of Pendulum subbing as I think they'd probably be a more suitable co-headliner than Disclosuree.

Edit: That's just 2013 with NIN removed and FOB moved up. Bit naff but based on their crowd size and the size of gigs they play you can't argue against them subbing; especially if they have had trouble with bookings.

Edited by Will-2609

5 minutes ago, she bangs the drums said:

How accurate do you think your info is?

That would make sense if they have had problems getting final headliner.

Nothing outstanding but would keep a lot of people happy.

It would, I think they clearly wanted Foo's which just hasn't worked out and if this is so, I reckon they have bumped them up from opening NME (just what I think based on their own words about shows) asking them to step in and headline. If this is so, it tells you everything you need to know about FR's view on booking Kanye to headline R&L. I would imagine TDCC and TLSP would bit under ID and FOB some way, it would be very temping to go based on that.