Lineup 2016

Matt42

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

I've also had word that R/L has headliner ... erm ... issues this year.

All I need to do now is find out what the issues were and how they've resolved it.

The issue is they booked RHCP, and they haven't resolved it.

So could another co-headline be on the cards? I'm generally all for them but two in one year does seem a little unnecessary. 

7 minutes ago, robmongascy said:

Biffy/Pendulum co-headline please (Y)

Can't see why Biffy couldn't headline outright, but with Pendulum.. could the issue with the headliner which Neil brought up have something to do with Pendulum's setup for live shows? It was one of the contributing factors for their hiatus and I'm sure it's going to prove to be complicated to set up.

33 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

sooo ... does anyone know how the betting works for a headliner is its a co-headliner?

I have an idea for a punt, but the punt is only worth it if it pays out on either possibility.

Tell us!

If it's another co-headline, I'm guessing it's because both bands are slightly too weak to headline outright. If so, what a year for R&L...

2 hours ago, eFestivals said:

I've also had word that R/L has headliner ... erm ... issues this year.

All I need to do now is find out what the issues were and how they've resolved it.

So has your thoughts a while back that you don't believe it's Biffy and that they were looking bigger not the same as it was?, as this also included info obviously saying they weren't thought of as appropriate  in whatever way for Glasto.

2 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Its going to be Biffy... I hope :D 

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

hm that's interesting. definitely makes Biffy as a three year returning headliner seem more possible

I'm being genuine, I'm not sure how Biffy come into this equation but not willing to write it off. Are we suggesting that the band they wanted isn't possible now due to scheduling and so a replacement with these is possible?

5 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I'm being genuine, I'm not sure how Biffy come into this equation but not willing to write it off. Are we suggesting that the band they wanted isn't possible now due to scheduling and so a replacement with these is possible?

They've said in interviews that they are playing UK festivals but there doesn't seem to be anywhere else they could fit.

The main argument against them doing Reading was that they had done it so recently but if Reading is struggling for headliners it more likely they would go for a repeat.

2 minutes ago, King101 said:

They've said in interviews that they are playing UK festivals but there doesn't seem to be anywhere else they could fit.

The main argument against them doing Reading was that they had done it so recently but if Reading is struggling for headliners it more likely they would go for a repeat.

Oh I understand that, but co-heading seems silly for them at Reading though. That said, if it is a co-header we can take Foos/Kanye right out as none of them are co-heading and reading between possible lines, Foos is the one that hasn't worked out and Kanye was never in thought.

19 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

So has your thoughts a while back that you don't believe it's Biffy and that they were looking bigger not the same as it was?, as this also included info obviously saying they weren't thought of as appropriate  in whatever way for Glasto.

Is this the info you keep referring to when saying Neil doesn't think Biffy are at R&L? Because this was about Sonisphere, not R&L.