Lineup 2016

Matt42

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, JonSnow said:

I know its not the most reliable sample size in the world but I had a look at the trending 'Reading and Leeds hashtag' on Twitter after the first announcement and then another look today. The R.H.C.P announcement was probably a solid 65-70% positive feedback, however today seems to be something more in the region of 5-10% positive and 90-95% strongly negative. Even though the Foals/Disclosure booking was likely a cheap option, it seems there is a really good chance it will come back to bite them in terms of both ticket sales and also the lasting legacy of the Festival. For example I saw several people making comments that Reading is slowly turning into V Festival :sorry::unsure:

The reaction of social media means nothing. Hundreds of chumps crying because Arctic Monkeys aren't repeatedly booked every year. 

2 hours ago, Nicklord said:

Aren't Imagine Dragons bigger than both Foals and Disclosure? They had bigger tour if I remember correctly

In a word, Yes. Regardless of what fits better now or whatever rubbish you debate it with, there is no size comparison.

1 hour ago, JonSnow said:

I know its not the most reliable sample size in the world but I had a look at the trending 'Reading and Leeds hashtag' on Twitter after the first announcement and then another look today. The R.H.C.P announcement was probably a solid 65-70% positive feedback, however today seems to be something more in the region of 5-10% positive and 90-95% strongly negative. Even though the Foals/Disclosure booking was likely a cheap option, it seems there is a really good chance it will come back to bite them in terms of both ticket sales and also the lasting legacy of the Festival. For example I saw several people making comments that Reading is slowly turning into V Festival :sorry::unsure:

I don't know what other reaction was expected?, they're own tour which isn't sold out is only borderline sub/header hence why they aren't being given a full headline slot which was never happening and they now have 160k tickets to shift on their shoulders and people are supposed to approve of it? I don't care how many years in the booking industry you have, that's ridiculous. It's fair to say it's getting more and more dance orientated by the year.

3 minutes ago, Muppetmark said:

theyd have said summer festival exclusive if that were true. 

Why would they need to? It's still a festival this year that they are playing.

13 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

surely if ATDI are playing they wouldn't be subbing NME after headlining it in 2012? i know they didn't draw the biggest crowds, but i'd have thought they'd be on the main stage this year for sure (4th down)

I agree, why would could you return to Europe for a 3rd time in a year to take a slot lower than you did. Obviously not all the info he got was correct though as we know or Id believe that GNR aren't doing it and Jack U will close NME which he doesn't have either. TLSP as well subbing NME, they did that last time. LCD I really doubt. Chvrches, BP, The Vaccines with Jack U closing NME one night. Frank T, Tame Impala and Courteeners taking 3rd main. I know the latter are from Manchester but they did something like 6 nights at the Apollo there and headlined NME last time.

18 minutes ago, Biogeneric said:

^ if it is, then that would essentially rule out GnR, Kanye and Biffy.

Muse and Radiohead weren't mentioned much yesterday *hopeful*.

Likewise, Foos and TSR discussions have slowed right down also.

I'm still going for Swifty.

Well I don't know if he meant overall guesses or not but there were guesses including 3,4 and 5 even of the 14 acts annouced and 4/5 isn't bad considering some names you won't even think of. The last person guessed 5 and that included both co-heads which is why I question if it meant the last header.

Neil said he didn't think it was Biffy ages ago, Lucky has told us no GNR and I'm think I'm with most who will believe him. Radiohead could but mostly likely isn't going to happen along with Muse who I doubt as well. 

9 minutes ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

Comforting to know that Gazza is still banging that Foals drum, hunched over spreadsheets of sales data, calculating average festival positions while jamming along to Imagine Dragons....

I jest of course, but you must even get bored by it no?

I'm not sure why it's comforting for you? I'm not the one wasting my money on that shit. It's not exactly a one side option that them being announced today was surprising. What is comforting though is my thoughts that they wouldn't be an outright headliner on their own.......now go check that lineup release write up! :P.

Good attempt from you though.....buy also failed attempt :))